Author Topic: Andrew Watson, ca 1863 Coagh  (Read 178 times)

Online DOB7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • SQUANCE family motto - Be wise and keep quiet
    • View Profile
Andrew Watson, ca 1863 Coagh
« on: Saturday 23 March 19 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I am still trying to find a baptism for my gggrandfather Andrew Watson, who according to the 1939 register was born 12 July 1863. Other records vary his birth year between 1863 and 1869. I have his marriage certificate; 1901, 1911 & 1939 censuses; 1927 Griffiths revised; probate, date of death; monument inscription.

Family lore is that he came from Coagh and 12 July was confirmed as his birthdate by his grandchildren. Does anyone have access to Tamlaght registers or the Church of Ireland at Coagh to check please?

He said his father was also an Andrew WATSON (marriage cert). It is remotely possible that he was the son of Andrew & Jane (McMullen) WATSON who married in 1858, but, that Andrew lived until 1892 and family story is that my Andrew's father died when he was quite young which is why he never went to school - he had to work the farm.

Andrew & Jane WATSON had 4 children's births registered between 1866 and 1872 - Druminard, Russkey, Moneymore - presumably they had at least one between 1858 and 1866.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Squance, Lillicrap, Dankester, Surtees, Yates

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Watson, ca 1863 Coagh
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 March 19 14:53 GMT (UK) »
Previous topic also on LONDONDERRY board-
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=755574.0

Even though Andrew Watson says born  Co. Londonderry in 1901 and 1911 the places you mention are in County Tyrone which is why I previously suggested your query belongs on that board.

For reference-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Tyrone/Oaklands/Kildress_Lower/1729484
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Moneyhaw/Cloghog/614864
Please do NOT ask for lookups by Personal Message.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online DOB7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • SQUANCE family motto - Be wise and keep quiet
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Watson, ca 1863 Coagh
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 March 19 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Aghadowey. I have tried Tyrone as well - no luck I'm afraid.
Squance, Lillicrap, Dankester, Surtees, Yates