Author Topic: Aldon Norfolk  (Read 1333 times)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Aldon Norfolk
« on: Saturday 23 March 19 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Lousia Aldon ( some variants of spellings) was baptised in Billingsford, Norfolk on 7 Jun 1767 parents named are William and Elizabeth however I can't find any records about William or Elizabeth.

A William was buried in Billingsford, Norfolk 1829 aged 73yr meaning DoB for that William is c 1756, so not 'my' William, however that one is likely to be the son of Amos Alden married Phillipa Wallis so potentially Amos and my William 'could be' siblings
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Aldon Norfolk
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 March 19 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Louisa's surname on the 1767 baptism is Allden (FindMyPast transcription & image)

FindMyPast has the marriage (transcription only Boyd's Marriage Index) of -
William Alldin and Elz Ellis, 1766, place Hoxne, Suffolk

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 March 19 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that... I suspected they married out of Norfolk.

I think I must have the spelling from her marriage record, although I have seen the name spelt several ways as was fairly 'normal' in the 1700s
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 March 19 15:33 GMT (UK) »
Marriage was 31 March 1766, and is on FreeReg (not a full transcription)

Settlement examination of William Aldon, Billingford, 2 June 1766
Here
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-6SW7-GJQ?i=676&cc=1416598&cat=1024791

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 March 19 16:00 GMT (UK) »
Marriage was 31 March 1766, and is on FreeReg (not a full transcription)

Settlement examination of William Aldon, Billingford, 2 June 1766
Here
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-6SW7-GJQ?i=676&cc=1416598&cat=1024791

Thanks for the date I think we both were looking at the same time i the same place.

Am I right in thinking that  a settlement exam is to prove entitlement to poor relief by the issuing of Settlement Certificate? Thanks for that I will save it and have a read

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 23 March 19 16:31 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if they would have given William a certificate. If they did, he would have needed it if he went on his travels again, and had to present it to another parish. Stan is the man who would know.
I guess their priority at the time was to find out if he was settled in Billingford.
If you jump back 20-30 images on the film you will see some settlement certificates given to Billingford

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 23 March 19 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Ok thanks for that

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 23 March 19 16:57 GMT (UK) »
Two of them may be interesting
One from Burston
John Alden, wife Mary, son John
15 October 1767
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-6SW7-LTH?i=633&cc=1416598&cat=1024791

next image is
from Tivetshall St Margaret
John Allden, wife Margarett
12 May 1766

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 23 March 19 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Thank you......... I have got side tracked looking at Billingford AT images. so information and copies then I can take some time to see with proof what/who connects