Author Topic: Tyne & Wear Archives Parish Register Look-Up Request  (Read 1908 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tyne & Wear Archives Parish Register Look-Up Request
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 27 March 19 15:13 GMT (UK) »
When I get my new work rota I will check to see when I can go along to the archives and fit this look up in.  Could likely be at any point in the next few weeks but unfortunately won't be this week.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Rhododendron

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 27 March 19 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Oh thank you ever so much for your kind offer.  If you could do that look up for me that would be great.  But if not, please don't worry.  It can wait until I can get up to Newcastle later in the year.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 02 April 19 12:23 BST (UK) »
Microfilm 2266

For ease of transcribing I will miss some of the RC words out.

Moyser de 42 William St. in left margin and some other RC words I can't make out.
It also records that she was confirmed on 21st April 1929.

Born 24 February 1921 Baptised at St Bede, South Shields on 20 March 1921 as Eliza Moyser daughter of Joannis Thomas Moyser et Mathidae Moyser olim Ferry
Ceremony by Patriceo (J?) (Troy?)
Godmother Margaret Mary Ferry
It also seems to record either that she (as Eliza (----? not sure if this is Moyser it doesn't look like it )entered into a marriage contract or a marriage on 15 July 1950 at St Gregori, Harton to Guilumo? Donnison? (writing is very small and difficult to make out)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 02 April 19 15:35 BST (UK) »
Marriage at St Gregory, South Shields on 15 July 1950 shows names of Guiluimus? Armstrong Dennison & Elizabeth Moiser

His father Thomi Dennison and hers Joanni Moiser

Witnesses Margaretae Annae Robson & Gordon Smith.

There is RC writing in left hand margin too small for me to make out - four lines.

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 02 April 19 16:04 BST (UK) »
The Durham Records Online entries only go to Elizabeth Moyser baptized Easington 1911.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 02 April 19 16:36 BST (UK) »
She was baptised at St Bede as Eliza shown on earlier post.

On microfilm 2266 at Tyne and Wear Archives.

Offline Rhododendron

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 04 April 19 14:34 BST (UK) »
Just back from a long weekend and found your messages, RTLass! 

The information you found is extremely helpful and I can't wait to tell my elderly relative what you found.  Not just the baptism record, but you went to further trouble and traced the record of the marriage in another Church! 

I am so very, very grateful to you for doing the research.  You are truly a star!  Thank you.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 07 April 19 12:56 BST (UK) »
You are welcome Rhododendron!  I am very happy to have been able to help out.  It was easy to find the marriage after finding reference to this in the baptism.

Catholic records are often great sources for additional information.  I hope what has been found will have been of interest to your elderly relative. :)

Offline Rhododendron

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 07 April 19 15:52 BST (UK) »
It was indeed very helpful to my elderly relative, RTL.  Thanks.