Author Topic: Platts family from Belton in the missing generation?  (Read 182 times)

Offline Drinks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Platts family from Belton in the missing generation?
« on: Saturday 23 March 19 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello Linconshire Chatters,
My mothers pedigree leads me back to the Platts family from Belton (in Axholme/near Epworth) Lincs.
I am fairly confident that my Platts line is OK back to a Robert Platts who married Sarah Akes in 1678 in Amcotts, Lincs. Their children were christened in Belton.  I can find no birth details for this Robert although there are several previous generations of Platts living in Belton.
Since Robert Platts is likely to have been born about 1654-59, the candidates for his father would seem to be:
George (b1628 m Helin ?date and maiden name?)
Edmond (b 1630)
Charles (b 1634 m 1654 to Kathrin Ellis in Amcotts)
John (b 1637 m Rebecca ? Date and maiden name?)

All the above were fathered by one or more Robert Plattses In Belton. The free search sites show a Robert  born 23/9/1614  father Robert and another Robert born 8/5/1560 ( father Johannis).

Can anyone shed any light on the relationship between these early members of the Platts family.

Many thanks for any leads you can suggest
KRs
Drinks

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Drinks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Platts family from Belton: the missing generation?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 March 19 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, the subject line got autocorrected to something incomprehensible. What I meant was
Platts family from Belton: the missing generation.

Cheers
Drinks

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.