Author Topic: Amcotts parish records: marriage Platts 1606 and 1627  (Read 661 times)

Offline Drinks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Amcotts parish records: marriage Platts 1606 and 1627
« on: Sunday 24 March 19 15:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lincolnshire,

In tracing my mother’s paternal lineage, I have arrived in Belton in Axholme (nearEpworth) in the mid 1600s. Several generations of Platts were christened in Belton, though it seems they preferred to get married in Amcotts. I have posted an enquiry on the Lincolnshire general board but have had no leads. I believe that a couple of specific look-up requests might help me sort out the Platts from the earlier part of the 1600s into family groups. Here goes:

From FamilySearch
Robert Platts marries Anne Heines in Amcotts 17Nov 1606
Is there any indication in the marriage record of Robert’s age, residence, status or fathers name?

Robert Platts marries Elizabeth Woorrall in Amcotts 29 Aug 1627
Again, age, residence, status (bachelor or widower) and fathers name could help establish whether this is the same Robert who remarries or 2 different Roberts!

Possible children from marriage 1 could be; Robert b 23 Sep 1614 and George b12Nov 1615 dies 1618. Their fathers are given as Robert but no mother/wife recorded.

Possible children from marriage 2 could be: George b13 Jul 1628; Edmond b20 Feb 1630; Charles b30 Mar 1634; John b21 May 1637 and Elizabeth b13Sep 1640. All have the Father as Robert, while John and Elizabeth have the mothers named as Elizabeth.

I’ll be really grateful for any help with the marriage details and invite anyone to speculate on how many Robert Platts there might be in Belton during the period 1600-1650!
Many thanks
Drinks

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
Re: Amcotts parish records: marriage Platts 1606 and 1627
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 March 19 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked on www. red1st.com ? It covers the Isle of Axholme;there are a lot of Platts shown although the earliest Robert Platt listed is b abt 1781 at Belton.

Offline Drinks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Amcotts parish records: marriage Platts 1606 and 1627
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 April 19 09:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks for this lead Billy,
I will take a look at the site you recommend - it sound like it could be a useful source.
Kind regards
Drinks