Author Topic: John Eli Bree  (Read 1842 times)

Offline onemoretrail

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Eli Bree
« on: Monday 25 March 19 00:55 GMT (UK) »
I am doing some research for my wife, whose family originated from Jersey.  Her grandfather, Ernest Norman Bree, grew up on the Fauvic Farm in St Clements.  He emigrated to Canada and lost contact with most of the family in Jersey. From what I have found out his father was John Eli Bree.  I have been able to find out information on his children, but after a couple of generations the information dries up.  I found a great grandson, Roy Harold Bree, who had 4 children.  They are Sally, Jacqueline, Tina, and John Roy Harold Bree.  The son of Roy Harold may have gone to Australia with the parents, but I don't know what happened to the daughters. I also found a son, Cyril, who had four daughters. Joyce, Dorothy, Kathleen, and Fay. Again the trail disappears. If anyone happens to know anything about these descendants of John Eli Bree, it would be much appreciated.

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: John Eli Bree
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 March 19 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Do you have any dates that could narrow things down?

Incidentally, Fauvic Farm is in Rue au Long. One side of the road is in St Clement and the other in Grouville which is a hot-bed for the Bree's probably because it is nearer Grouville Church than St Clement Church.

Stewart

Offline onemoretrail

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Eli Bree
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 March 19 13:41 GMT (UK) »
John Eli Bree was born ca. 1855 and died 27 June, 1898.

The two sons that remained on Jersey, Touzel John Bree, born 15 Feb, 1881 died 25 July, 1951 and Cyril St John Bree, born 24 June, 1889 and died 1978.

Touzel had a son Harold Touzel Bree, born 1905 died 1968.  Harold Touzel Bree had a son, Roy Harold Bree, born 26 Dec 1928 died 26 Sep 2009.

Roy Harold Bree had a son, John Roy Harold Bree born ca. 1953 along with three daughters, Tina born ca. 1951, Sally born ca. 1957, and Jacqueline born ca. 1959. Roy Harold Bree emigrated to Australia sometime after the Fauvic farm was sold by his father.

Cyril St John Bree had four daughters, Joyce born ca. 1910, Dorothy born ca. 1916, Kathleen born ca. 1918, and Fay born ca. 1920. According to a family tree made up by another member of the family Joyce married Alex Mangan, Kathleen married Geoffrey Rimmer, and Fay married Gordon Vans.

Hope this helps.