Author Topic: SK(C)ROGGINS Diary of a Cleveland Miner  (Read 157 times)

Offline Joed99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
SK(C)ROGGINS Diary of a Cleveland Miner
« on: Monday 25 March 19 14:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi

For some time I have been researching the Diary of a Cleveland Miner (1873-1925) by William Rowbottom an Ironstone Miner and resident of Margrove Park & Charltons Terrace in what was North Yorks but is also better known as East Cleveland.   

The source is a transcription of the diary's entries published in the Cleveland Standard of Jan 28th 1939 which I found inserted inside a family bible that came into my belonging in the 1980s.

I have inserted my research in the form of a spreadsheet that stands at 352 entries, with the aim of
sharing the information I have found.

An handful of entries have eluded further information mainly because of their vagueness so having pursued them myself and came up blank thought the good folk of roots chat might be up for the challenge. The most vague is the following.

3rd April 1915   Skroggins left Boosebeck

9th May1916     Skroggins made a visit to Boosebeck. Much respected by all

Who is SK(C)ROGGINS ?

Regards

John

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.