Author Topic: The Simcoe Family  (Read 9989 times)

Offline Hugh_S_Simcoe_III

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Simcoe Family
« on: Thursday 28 March 19 07:29 GMT (UK) »
My name is Hugh Stanley Simcoe III, and I'm happy to be here. 

According to my birth certificate, I was born April 4th, 1945, at Fort Devens Army Hospital, Ayer, Massachusetts, registered in Shirley, Massachusetts.  Actually, I was born at Burbank Hospital, Fitchburg, Massachusetts, but immediately transferred to Fort Devens, due to being born with neo-natal tetany...(ever since, this thing called "life," has been quite the adventure!)

Please forgive me if I'm going about this the wrong way, but I think it would be incredibly cool, to connect with, and learn from, relations, heretofore unknown to me. 

Possibly, a good starting point for me, is my direct decendancy to John Graves Simcoe (1752 - 1806), who, immediately being appointed  Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada from 1791 until 1796 in southern Ontario, following the American Revolutionary War.

Online Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: THE FAMILY I NEVER KNEW (hopefully, I still have enough time)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 March 19 07:47 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.

I do think you might get a better reaction if you change the title of your thread to include the name Simcoe.

Good luck with your search.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
THE SIMCOE FAMILY I NEVER MET...BUT HOPE TO!
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 March 19 08:02 GMT (UK) »
My name is Hugh Stanley Simcoe III, and I'm happy to be here. 

According to my birth certificate, I was born1940's, at Fort Devens Army Hospital, Ayer, Massachusetts, registered in Shirley, Massachusetts.  Actually, I was born at Burbank Hospital, Fitchburg, Massachusetts, but immediately transferred to Fort Devens, due to being born with neo-natal tetany...(ever since, this thing called "life," has been quite the adventure!)

Please forgive me if I'm going about this the wrong way, but I think it would be incredibly cool, to connect with, and learn from, relations, heretofore unknown to me. 

Possibly, a good starting point for me, is my direct decendancy to John Graves Simcoe (1752 - 1806), who, immediately being appointed  Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada from 1791 until 1796 in southern Ontario, following the American Revolutionary War.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 28 March 19 08:09 GMT (UK) »
Thank you!  I re-posted my message, having taken your welcome suggestion.  I tried to delete the original, but was unable to...is there a way to delete messages, once they are posted?

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 28 March 19 08:15 GMT (UK) »
I'm pretty sure you can either modify or delete your posts, just hit the modify button on the right at top of your post!  Just change what you want, then hit save.  If you want to delete everything, do that and just type in "deleted"  and hit save!!

Oops - modified to add - WELCOME TO ROOTSCHAT HUGH,!  👍👍👍
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: THE SIMCOE FAMILY I NEVER MET...BUT HOPE TO!
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 28 March 19 08:21 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat  :)

You have posted on the Northamptonshire board, though you don’t mention a link to Northamptonshire.  Is that where John Graves Simcoe was originally from?
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 28 March 19 08:22 GMT (UK) »
Reposted thread here:

topics merged

Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Online Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 28 March 19 09:13 GMT (UK) »
John Graves Simcoe was a British Army general and the first Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada from 1791 until 1796 in southern Ontario and the watersheds of Georgian Bay and Lake Superior.

Born: 25 February 1752, Cotterstock (a village and civil parish in East Northamptonshire, England).
Died: 26 October 1806, Exeter, Devon, England.

(Wikipedia)

Also: https://www.britannica.com/biography/John-Graves-Simcoe
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 28 March 19 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hugh.

I have just watched a film where Cotterstock Hall was featured.

As John was the son of John( Esquire) and Katherine baptised on the 5th Mar 1752, I presume that must have been where your ancestor was born ?

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright