Author Topic: Chelsea Pensioner Look Up Please  (Read 386 times)

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Chelsea Pensioner Look Up Please
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 31 March 19 12:30 BST (UK) »
Was there any reference to his wife Margaret?

No there isn't.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline tillyann

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 31 March 19 13:36 BST (UK) »
Whittaker (originally from Newchurch, Rossendale then Manchester) and Seel (Manchester).

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline tillyann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 02 April 19 03:06 BST (UK) »
Hi ShaunJ,
Because I'm in Australia I can't access the link to the record neither can anyone else I know. I've been to the library but the researcher there can't get in either because it's UK not sure. Are you able to please take a screen shot of what you found.
Thank you for any help.
Whittaker (originally from Newchurch, Rossendale then Manchester) and Seel (Manchester).

Online CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 02 April 19 03:44 BST (UK) »
I'm in Australia, and my FindMyPast subscription is only for UK and Ireland records.  Shaun's link works for me.

It sounds like the people you've asked have the Australia/NZ package.

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline tillyann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 02 April 19 05:31 BST (UK) »
That is the problem Carol. Lucky you if you can see it🙂. This is frustrating because it is the only live of information I am seeking about him.  I have done extensive research on the family and it is only this one that is giving me problems.

Offline tillyann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 02 April 19 13:18 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much particularly to Shaun J. With the information you so kindly helped me with you have steered me in a direction I would never have thought of. As a result I have now found Edmund and Margaret' s youngest son who I have been looking for since 2007. He married, converted to Catholism, had a large family and saw out his days in Dublin. There is even a potential lead to what happened to his mother Margaret. I now only need to find those other 2 girls of theirs and I'll be very satisfied as this family has driven me to distraction at times.
You are awesome Shaun😉