Author Topic: Mateer Family  (Read 1361 times)

Offline mateer1987

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mateer Family
« on: Saturday 30 March 19 09:15 GMT (UK) »
hi all, looking for 3 members of family.

Hugh mateer: born around 1801 - has a son named francis born 1839 - francis married to elizabeth keenan.

can find no records of hugh what so ever anywhere. would really love to birth/marriage records for him

Also looking for a Joseph Mateer: b 1910 d 1977. married to mary ellen martin. only other record found for joseph is the 1911 census. bar that its like he doesnt exist. Joseph mateer father is edward mateer

on joseph marriage document there is a john mateer. when looking at ancestry he appears on other trees as being born 1912 and brother to joseph.

looking to find any records relating to these relative. births/deaths anything really. i apologise i knows its a big ask!!
again any help is greatly appreciated!!

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mateer Family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 March 19 09:29 GMT (UK) »

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 March 19 09:42 GMT (UK) »

Does the other thread say where he was from?

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline mateer1987

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 30 March 19 09:43 GMT (UK) »

on the marriage certificate i have for joseph, he is from belfast. on 1911 census his name is spelt rather odd. doesnt resemble joseph to me lol

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 30 March 19 10:20 GMT (UK) »

Why not just read it!

Offline mateer1987

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 30 March 19 11:25 GMT (UK) »

Why not just read it!

any reason to get irrate? am quite new at this to be fair. by the way i have read more than once and cant make head nore tale of it but i apologise for inconvenience and will just stay off the bored altogether if im that much of a nuisance

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 30 March 19 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Edward & Catherine Mateer buried same plot Belfast City Cemetery-
https://dof.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch/BurialRecordDetails.aspx?RecordID=6643.12003

Also looking for a Joseph Mateer: b 1910 d 1977. married to mary ellen martin. only other record found for joseph is the 1911 census. bar that its like he doesnt exist. Joseph mateer father is edward mateer

on joseph marriage document there is a john mateer. when looking at ancestry he appears on other trees as being born 1912 and brother to joseph.A John Mateer born 1912- son of Edward McTeer & Annie Black-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1912/01475/1600911.pdf

At least one online tree has Joseph born 21 Jan.1910, parents Edward Mateer & Annie O'Reilly. The same tree has father Edward married several times  :-\
1- to Annie O'Reilly with sons Joseph (1910) & John (1912)
2- to Annie Molyneaux with sons Joseph (1910) & John (1912)
3- to Catherine- 3 children
4- unknown spouse- 1 child
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 30 March 19 11:34 GMT (UK) »
The comment about reading the thread was not directed to you, mateer1987.

Since you are new to this I'm going to make a few suggestions to make things easier for both us and you.
1) don't keep inserting quotes into your replies. When quoting a message with one or more quotes in in it very quickly becomes more difficult to read
2) give us complete details to save us from wasting time. For example, you said Joseph born 1910 but exact date is important and should be mentioned
3) online trees can be useful to find clues but all details need to be verified (my last post gave example of Edward Mateer having 2 wives named Annie both mother of same two sons which makes no sense)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 30 March 19 11:49 GMT (UK) »
any reason to get irrate? am quite new at this to be fair. by the way i have read more than once and cant make head nore tale of it but i apologise for inconvenience and will just stay off the bored altogether if im that much of a nuisance

I responding to hallmark, not you, mateer1987, I posted the link because you are new and wouldn't know doing so could be useful.