Author Topic: Baptism  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Candace

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Baptism
« on: Sunday 31 March 19 17:38 BST (UK) »
Hi
I wonder if anyone is able to check the registers of Longbridge Deverill Wiltshire. I have not been able to find anything online. The baptism I am after is William Daniel born circa 1710 He married Martha Styles 1742 Longbridge Deverill. Any help would be appreciated
Thank you
Chris

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 March 19 19:13 BST (UK) »
Hi....

Only marriages on the OPC Wiltshire site. However down the road in Upton Scudamore is..

William Daniel son of William & Elizabeth Daniel 17th September 1715.
I wonder if he could be a contender.

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Candace

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 March 19 19:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Tazzie
Yes I did see that one there is also one in Fisherton Anger as neither appear to die it’s hard to know which one if any is mine. Was hoping there would be one in Longbridge which would be most likely mine. Thank you for taking the trouble to look for me I am grateful
Chris

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 April 19 21:10 BST (UK) »
No William Daniel baptised in Longbridge Deverill.

May I ask why you think he would have been baptised there?  Finding a marriage in a particular marriage parish does not necessarily mean that either party was born there.

Nell

All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Candace

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 April 19 21:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Nell
Thank you for your reply. Yes I am aware that just because a person is married in a parish does not mean he was born there. In a lot of cases it’s the wives parish they marry in although not in this case. As I have not found much on Longbridge online I wondered if they had not been transcribed and I might be missing his baptism. Now you have said he is not there I can look further afield.
Williams children were baptised in Longbridge but both he and his wife were buried in her parish of Horningsham.
Thank you for taking the trouble to look for me and as I said I can now look elsewhere. I am grateful for the information
Regards Chris

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 01 April 19 22:13 BST (UK) »
What are their children’s names ? - possible naming patterns after parents/grandparents etc....

There”s this baptism

William Daniel 7 Jan 1708 Bemerton
son of Robert & Mary
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Candace

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 01 April 19 22:40 BST (UK) »
Yes I did see that one and there is also a baptism in Upton Scudamore 1715. Unfortunately none of Williams children seem to follow any pattern of Williams siblings. His children are Mary William Joseph
Martha James Betty and Sarah. Betty seems to be a common name especially in Horningsham.
. Of course Horningsham and Longbridge are right on the border with Somerset so he could come from there
I have been searching on and off for 20 odd years for my Wiltshire family so I guess the search goes on. I won’t bore you with the trouble I’m having with my Davis side.
Anyway appreciate your help
Chris