Author Topic: Who am I?  (Read 473 times)

Offline shaun

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who am I?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 April 19 13:50 BST (UK) »
The Hull Repertory theatre company was only founded in 1924, an then it became the Hull New Theatre company in 1939.

What information do you have that this is a character from a production at The New Theatre Company? maybe if we could narrow down dates it's possible to find out plays that were shown at that time?

***ADDED***

Here is a list of productions and the dates they were on in both the repertory theatre and the Hull New Theatre.

http://catalogue.hullhistorycentre.org.uk/files/u-dx304.pdf

Shaun

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 04 April 19 14:11 BST (UK) »
My mistake... I think it was Hull City Hall. It came along with a box of photos of Hull "Band of Hope and Temperance Society" 1, Baker Street, Hull. Each year they held a "May Queen Festival" and put on shows in Hull and other towns. I have catalogued most of them coupled with "Hull Daily Mail" press cuttings but have not been able to identify who the lady is in these two photos.
Thanks for your interest.

www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=681244.msg5269139#msg5269139

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 04 April 19 22:38 BST (UK) »
The Hull Repertory theatre company was only founded in 1924, an then it became the Hull New Theatre company in 1939.

What information do you have that this is a character from a production at The New Theatre Company? maybe if we could narrow down dates it's possible to find out plays that were shown at that time?

***ADDED***

Here is a list of productions and the dates they were on in both the repertory theatre and the Hull New Theatre.

http://catalogue.hullhistorycentre.org.uk/files/u-dx304.pdf

Shaun

Thanks for the link Shaun, very useful. I didn't see the addition earlier.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU