Author Topic: Polish Records - ALl help appreciated.  (Read 418 times)

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Polish Records - ALl help appreciated.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 14 April 19 10:29 BST (UK) »
Whiteout7

Thanks I checked the website you gave me and no mention of Teresko but entries for Tereszko but dates too late unfortunately. :( Maybe that is the correct spelling and the family dropped the z

Gaynori

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Adam81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 15 April 19 08:59 BST (UK) »
OK, so I called a Mława office. If your granddaughter is fine with a photocopy this can been done via post/letters.  They charge a small fee payed via bank transfer. She must write a letter in Polish to:

Urząd Stanu Cywilnego
ul. Stary Rynek 19
06-500 Mława,
Poland

Asking for a photocopy of birth certificate of her Great grandfather. She must give as many details as she can. If you have, attach copies of other documents like death certificate etc. They will then see if the certificate is in their archives and will reply to her via post. She can also give them a call if she speaks little Polish. They did not wan't give me any details as I am not a relative.
Note hovewer that there is no guarantee that the certificate will give you the Piotr's parents birthplace.
Wackermann
Molatta
Cuber
Cygan
Biela
Bielawski
Leibiniec
Dubeński
Wicher
Duzinkiewicz

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 15 April 19 09:07 BST (UK) »
Wow Adam81 that is great news. My daughter has a Polish friend who could write a letter for us. Thank you so much. I a going to try and get this done as soon as possible and I will let you know the results as soon as we hear.
Gaynori

Offline Adam81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 16 April 19 14:34 BST (UK) »
Glad I could be of some help.Good luck.
Wackermann
Molatta
Cuber
Cygan
Biela
Bielawski
Leibiniec
Dubeński
Wicher
Duzinkiewicz