Author Topic: Shuttle Hall, Forfar  (Read 2360 times)

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Shuttle Hall, Forfar
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 April 19 13:53 BST (UK) »
Thank you Forfarian. I presume you are no longer local but if you are I may have to ask you a favour :)
Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 April 19 16:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you Forfarian. I presume you are no longer local but if you are I may have to ask you a favour :)
I have been known to revisit Forfar, even though I no longer live there. Feel free to ask.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 April 19 16:14 BST (UK) »
If you don't mind tramping round the gravestones at East & Old Church next time you visit, please PM me for some burial details! Thanks for your help on this thread :)
Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 24 July 19 16:48 BST (UK) »
Well, I finally made it to Forfar when it wasn't raining. Photo attached. As you will see the stone is in poor condition and there is other information which was not transcribed into the MI book.

If you want the full-size version of the image send me your e-mail address by PM.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 29 July 19 00:57 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Forfarian, I have PMed you  :)