Author Topic: Charles Munday milkman/author 1853  (Read 1186 times)

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
Charles Munday milkman/author 1853
« on: Sunday 07 April 19 12:40 BST (UK) »
Its amazing how your own research can lead you down other avenues  totally unconnected to your family. To explain. My ancestors  saw fit to collect articles cut out of a local Sussex  newspaper spanning 1850's to  1950's someone eventually stuck them into an exercise book.  They are very random but mainly about Arundel and nearby towns. Reading through them  today some have piqued my interest so much so that I am researching some of the people mentioned.

This brings me to a tiny clipping advertising a book written by one Charles Munday, a milkman  of Bognor Regis in 1853.   Various branches of the Munday family were dairy owners from 1840 in Bognor Regis. There was a Munday (same family)  Dairy in London in 1812 which came to an end in 1960 with retirement of E.A Munday.

I have been trying Google  without success to find mention of the book. It occurred to me that maybe this should be on the Sussex board.  There could be someone researching Charles, maybe they don't  know about the book and the cutting should go to them.
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820