Author Topic: Annabell Campbell  (Read 781 times)

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Annabell Campbell
« on: Sunday 07 April 19 20:11 BST (UK) »
Searching for Annabell or Annabella Campbell. She was born in Skipness about 1770 and had a nickname of Neps or she would be called Anna.
She married Duncan Taylor/Taylour and they stayed in Caolfin were their 12 children were born.

I have found their children's baptisms on Family Search were her name is written as Annaple.

I am trying to find her marriage and birth.

Also I am stuck on Duncan Taylour/Taylor born abt 1766, that is all I have for him.

There does not seam to be much records on line for these years.

Living in South Africa also makes it even harder to find records.

An help where I can look, will be appreciated.

Thanks

Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Annabell Campbell
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 April 19 21:13 BST (UK) »
An help where I can look, will be appreciated.
Scotland's People www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk - if it's not there, the overwhelming probability is that the records have not survived.

See https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=714261.0
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Annabell Campbell
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 April 19 08:03 BST (UK) »
Oh dear! so that means I will never know if my Taylor's are connected to the Cameron clan through the "Black Tailor of the Axe" / Donald Cameron son of the Chief.  :(
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey