Author Topic: Murder, Mystery and My Family  (Read 1097 times)

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Mystery and My Family
« Reply #27 on: Monday 15 April 19 13:20 BST (UK) »

This was early 1900s so that would have made a big difference.
Do you think she made the babies on her own then  ???

Carol

Perhaps the judge/magistrate needed a biology lesson!!!!!  Doubt it would have made a difference, women back then bore the brunt of a lot of injustice at the hands of men in general!!!!
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Mystery and My Family
« Reply #28 on: Monday 15 April 19 13:36 BST (UK) »

This was early 1900s so that would have made a big difference.
Do you think she made the babies on her own then  ???

Carol

Perhaps the judge/magistrate needed a biology lesson!!!!!  Doubt it would have made a difference, women back then bore the brunt of a lot of injustice at the hands of men in general!!!!

Although it has improved we are still not 100% there.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.