Author Topic: Rennie family members Aberdeen  (Read 620 times)

Offline contarini

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rennie family members Aberdeen
« on: Monday 08 April 19 18:22 BST (UK) »
My great aunt gave me the attached 2 cdv's but was unable to identify which members of the Rennie family from Aberdeen they were...

1) Stern looking woman dated 1876. Could this be Christina Rennie who died 1881 in Portknockie?

2) Man with what appears to be an anchor on his right sleeve. Could this be John Rennie born 21 October 1793 in Banff? His father Gordon Rennie was Mate on the "Union" of Banff, but would surely be too old as he married 21 January 1793 in Cullen? I believe J. Hardie the photographer was operating from around 1868 to 1881...

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rennie family members Aberdeen
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 April 19 22:25 BST (UK) »
The second photo looks be early-mid 1870s and I would judge him to be in his late 50 or early 60s. Without a date of birth for the lady there is no way of knowing. The book in her lap is an indication of literacy.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline contarini

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rennie family members Aberdeen
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 April 19 16:59 BST (UK) »
Sorry, realised may have caused confusion by naming woman possibly as Christina Rennie. She was Christian or Christina Rannie / Rennie until her marriage to William Lyall in 1837, so should be looking for a Christina Lyall at time of this photo?