Author Topic: Grundle from Coleraine  (Read 2863 times)

Offline RickiO

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Grundle from Coleraine
« on: Tuesday 09 April 19 03:12 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has any connection in their family trees to any Grundle's from Coleraine?
I am having some trouble with my research on my mother's side of the family and it would be good to find anyone who has some information that could help.
My Grandad's name on my mum's side of the family was Ronald Grundle (b. 1933 d. 2017), his brother is Desmond Grundle. I believe his mother's name was Elizabeth Grundle, but I don't have too much information so am unsure of birth dates and exact spelling of names. If anyone has any connections in their tree or has any information that might help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ricki

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Grundle from Coleraine
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 April 19 08:10 BST (UK) »
As you are not certain of mother's name, some possibilities for further checking, on 18/1/1933 a Margaret Kearney married a Samuel Grundle in Coleraine district  or 14/7/1926 William Grundle m Annie McQuillan.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline RickiO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 April 19 08:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the reply! I will look into that.

If anyone else has any links or information it would be much appreciated.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 09 April 19 08:29 BST (UK) »
Re the Grundle/McQuillan marriage I added to my first post, I can now see, from a free Ancestry search, that someone has a tree there for the couple, with at least a few children named. None seem to match the siblings names you listed, so perhaps this marriage can be ruled out. Still, if you have an Ancestry subscription or start a free tral, you could contact the tree owner to see if they have come across any of the names you have, which are in a similar timscale.

Meant to add, if any of the siblings you listed are still alive, you will need to remove their names, as Rootschat has a 'no living person/s' policy.

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

Offline RickiO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 09 April 19 08:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the info. I have removed the other names from the original post.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 09 April 19 08:48 BST (UK) »
Was Elizabeth Grundle known as Lily? if so, looks like others related to her had looked for information earlier-
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=26906.0

Possibly the Elizabeth Grundle in 1911 census- parents Samuel & Jessie-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Coleraine/Kyles_Brae/588944

Added- if this is the correct family then I have more details to post.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline RickiO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 09 April 19 09:36 BST (UK) »
I believe that might be the correct family as I think I recall seeing some of that census information a number of years ago but had lost it. Thank you for that. I am just trying to confirm with my mother, etc that it is the right family but I believe it is. If you do have any links to further information that would be great. Thanks again.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 09 April 19 09:43 BST (UK) »
Can you just clarify for me, your first post was suggesting to me that you believed Ronald's mother was possibly an Elizabeth to her first name and that Grundle was her married name. Are you now saying she could have been Grundle to her maiden name as well, or that she was unmarried and all her children had her surname?

I was trying to help by looking for male Grundle to female ___________ (something other than Grundle) marriages, but perhaps I misunderstood and this was perhaps not what you were after.

Offline RickiO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 09 April 19 09:48 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I should have mentioned in the first post. Ronald's mother never married and kept the Grundle surname and all of her children were named Grundle too.