Author Topic: Henry Sudell  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Mojo47

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Sudell
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 04:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie,

Thank you so much for some great information.This means the Australian Sudell’s Frog was named after Henry’s daughter!
My great great great grandfather was Thomas Ainsworth of Blackburn, Lancashire, England.He was a tailor and Draper.I recently found a newspaper article concerning the robbery and transportation of Henry Sudell.And then became curious about what happened to him.Then I found out about Sudell’s Frog along the way.I think it makes a great little side story to my family tree!!!
Thank you Jackie and everyone else for your help.

John

Offline Jackiemh

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 05:02 BST (UK) »
John
Yes, I have a couple of those stories which send you off on a tangent. One of my favourites was about derelict houses in London which led to the Hackney Mole man, which had absolutely nothing to do with my family!
Jackie
Bateman, Baylis, Bellotti, Boag, Bower (Stillgebauer), Cattermole, Chester, Dullage, Felix, French, Fursse, Garrett, Gilbert, Harding, Haynes, Hazelwood, Plume, Putland, Rudge, Strickson, Vine, Warren, Whitehead, Whitehorn, Wiltshire, Youthed and many more

Offline Mojo47

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 13:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie,

I was intrigued, so I had to look up the Hackney Mole Man.What a strange story!!!
Anyway, thanks again

John