Author Topic: Help with the age of "Mrs. Dodson" please  (Read 4025 times)

Offline aus*jen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Help with the age of "Mrs. Dodson" please
« Reply #45 on: Monday 15 April 19 08:05 BST (UK) »
The only comment I can make is that Mrs. Dodson's cap does not feature the 'widow's peak'
that is prominent in Queen Victoria's widow's cap.

Jen.
Boland   NSW, Australia
Gibbs   S.Aust. & Queensland
Jennings NSW, Australia
Page  Coventry UK, Queensland Aust.
Sellars (Sellard) Gloucestershire
Kirby  Lechlade, Gloucestershire
Hampshire  Stepney, Middlesex & Hampshire
Goddard,  Isle of Wight
Cushen, Isle of Wight
Keys,  Tyrone Ireland & NSW Australia

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 15 April 19 20:04 BST (UK) »
The only comment I can make is that Mrs. Dodson's cap does not feature the 'widow's peak'
that is prominent in Queen Victoria's widow's cap.

Jen.

Good point Jen (no pun intended ;D), the cap does have a more rounded front to it. 

I can't find anything else that it could be though.  It is a bit similar to some matron's caps I have seen but, as has already been mentioned, I don't think she would have been wearing jewellery if she was in the nursing profession and the only occupation she has listed was a General Servant in 1861 before her marriage.

Mrs. Dodson is making this hard work isn't she  :)
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 15 April 19 23:05 BST (UK) »
Jool have you tried doing a google image match?...there may just be another one out there of her or with similar headdress that has other information with it. Or, using the surname and place name in the pictures on Ancestry as someone may have a photo of her in their tree.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 17 April 19 19:52 BST (UK) »
Jool have you tried doing a google image match?...there may just be another one out there of her or with similar headdress that has other information with it. Or, using the surname and place name in the pictures on Ancestry as someone may have a photo of her in their tree.
Carol

Carol, I tried google image match as you suggested but sadly nothing of any help came up. I had never heard of google image match before, thanks for the tip, it could be useful for other photos :)

I also tried various search terms on google images for other Wolverhampton photos with no luck, no joy on Ancestry photos either.

Thanks Carol for your interest in Mrs. Dodson, I think I will have to put her to one side for now until I can get my hands on F.I.L's family photo collection to look for a likeness of her.

On a positive note, by searching for more information on Martha Dodson (wife of James), I have made a breakthrough on another Martha Dodson (mother of James), so something good has come out of this  ;D

Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton