Author Topic: Lawrence Darnbrough lost 1922  (Read 601 times)

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lawrence Darnbrough lost 1922
« on: Tuesday 09 April 19 20:52 BST (UK) »
Hi all, i have Lawrence Darnbrough/Darnborough b 1st Sept 1886 Leeds to Joseph Henry Darnbrough and Mary Ann Osborne, 4th oldest of 9 children.
He married Minnie Peaker 2nd June 1913 Leeds, been in Army for 11 years from 1905 to dissertion in 1919, however he has been convicted numerous times for stealing, and been discharged from Army, he also goes by name Harry Harley with a birth of 1892.
He also was a bigamist and married Elizabeth Ann Boyle in 1915 North Shields, and had a daughter together Elizabeth Ann Harley born 1916 but died. we know he was convicted and sent to HMP Leeds, also convicted in Mansfield, courtmarshelled in Clipstow and final whereabouts are in Wormwood scrubs 1921 for 18 mths. intended to live in London as a Baker.

on 1920 register he is with wife Minnie by the time of the 1937 Minnie is with others but not lawrence,  1939 register Minnie is down as Widowed.

ive traced his siblings and 4 went to Canada around 1909 one going 1912 there parents died young, and the youngest was 11 in 1909. that went to Canada.

any help on his whereabouts greatly appriciated , many thanks
Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lawrence Darnbrough lost 1922
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 April 19 21:47 BST (UK) »
Where does this information come from?

'he also goes by name Harry Harley with a birth of 1892.'

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 April 19 21:51 BST (UK) »
Harry Harley
Death Place: 36 Bath Street Newcastle
Buried   8th March  1930 at Newcastle Cemetery, Staffordshire,
Grave number:29    Interment Number:   23223

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 09 April 19 22:17 BST (UK) »
we found the Harry Harley, from the newspaper articles of his crimes, alias Harry Harley , and the wormwood scrubs records on Ancestry, plus the marriage cert for Harry Harley and Elizabeth says harry harley, but same father as Lawrence, but surname Harley, occupation of both, him and father. plus the wife Elizabeth found out as bigamist, and remarried in 1922. i think we traced that Harry harley death, and not ours, there is a marriage in Shefield, to a Nora GAY 1917, we have tried that line but cannot find Nora after that just incase he remarried

weenie
Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Offline Girly

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 25 August 20 03:11 BST (UK) »
I believe the Lawrence your looking for I have info on.  He was in army at that time and sent my Grandfather verses he had written on his accounts of the fighting there. Do you have the names of the 4 siblings. My Grandfather was Walter Darnbrough.  I remember that Lawrence was told to me to have been living in Trasilvania you might find a lead there.