Author Topic: Canada  (Read 3227 times)

Offline Jackarmy1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Canada
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 06:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much, I can't get on family search as I'm on my phone at the moment, will check it out later. Really is fascinating stuff, I can't pick them out in 1911 either, my mother seems to think they lived with Grandparents.
James, Jinks - Stoke On Trent,  Richards, Rees, Morgans - Llandilofawr, Llangadock, Wilding- Hereford, Underwood, Sitch, Thorne, Day all West Ham, and Leytonstone. .

Offline Jackarmy1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 06:51 BST (UK) »
Interesting to see that the Royal Edward was sunk 4mths after their voyage by a U-Boat.........
James, Jinks - Stoke On Trent,  Richards, Rees, Morgans - Llandilofawr, Llangadock, Wilding- Hereford, Underwood, Sitch, Thorne, Day all West Ham, and Leytonstone. .

Online bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 06:55 BST (UK) »
Their parents are highly elusive.... grrrr

I've found a few other things on this side of the pond, but I need to check them out a bit more, and probably won't get them posted tonight. 

I still think it would be a good idea to ask a moderator to move this whole thread to the Canada board.... there are some members there that are fantastic at digging up newspaper items, obits, etc.

Online bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 07:03 BST (UK) »
Okay, looks like Walter and Mary split up.  The whole family is together in 1901 Wales census, by 1911 they are apart and no kids to be seen.

Offline Jackarmy1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 07:06 BST (UK) »
I wasn't aware there was a Canada board,  that would be great, see if I can contact one later

Offline Jackarmy1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 07:07 BST (UK) »
I know my GGGrandmother Minnie Wilding was residing in Llandilofawr ,

Offline Jackarmy1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 07:57 BST (UK) »
The 3 daughters, Emily, Elizabeth and Minnie were all domestic servants in different parts of the country.

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 09:49 BST (UK) »
I wasn't aware there was a Canada board,  that would be great, see if I can contact one later

All you need to do is click on 'Report to moderator' at the bottom right of this post.  A message box comes up, you type 'Please move to Canada board' then hit 'Submit', and this all gets moved to the appropriate part of RootsChat :)

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 12:14 BST (UK) »

This looks like them coming over in 1914, but they said they were headed to Saskatchewan, and their occupations are very odd for women at that time!  I'm thinking there was a paper mix-up there for whoever wrote up the ship list.
http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.item/?id=CANIMM1913PLIST_0000408064-00181&op=img&app=passengerlist

If you have been using familysearch, you should have found Elizabeth's marriage to an Albert Moore.

I checked the Outbound passenger list. They are listed as Emily and Louise Wilding , both domestics, ticket number 12175. Cross checking other entries none of the occupations match.
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk