Author Topic: British Army Solider -Marriage in Uniform - Possibly Thomas & Emily Sheffield  (Read 3366 times)

Offline kylemacca007

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sorry. Please see the missing attachments.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: British Army Solider -Marriage in Uniform - Possibly Thomas & Emily Sheffield
« Reply #10 on: Monday 15 April 19 14:04 BST (UK) »
Oh well done...I think it's highly likely that the guy in the second photo is your soldier...same centre parting which men kept throughout their life.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline kylemacca007

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: British Army Solider -Marriage in Uniform - Possibly Thomas & Emily Sheffield
« Reply #11 on: Monday 15 April 19 14:09 BST (UK) »
Dear Carol,

Would you agree that the two gentlemen in the images attached look related but are not the same person? 

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 15 April 19 14:19 BST (UK) »
Yes I would say there is a resemblance Kyle.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 April 19 14:23 BST (UK) »
I was just going to say the same as Carol. Centre part man and soldier are the same man. Your grandfather looks very similar. Did he have a brother?

Added: Carol, good point about the wedding dress possibly being made from parachute silk. I thought that dropped waist looked a bit wrong for the 40s but difficult without knowing what is under that bouquet to make a judgement on the pattern of the dress.  :)

Offline kylemacca007

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 15 April 19 14:36 BST (UK) »
My grand father had four bothers, unfortunately two of them died within twelve months of birth, one died age ten and the youngest wasn't born until 1931. He also had four sisters, one married in 1935 two of them married in 1945 and the youngest never married.

My great grandfather was born 1888-1889 according to his military records and 1939 reg. He died in military of pensions hospital in Leeds in 1942. So if this wedding is dated after 1945 in cannot be him.

Unfortunately i haven't been able to find any details on my great grandfather before he joined the army in 1910, so i do not know if he had any brothers.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 15 April 19 14:46 BST (UK) »
I'm not conversant with military uniform so can't comment and John's date was only an estimate so it could be earlier. I have given it a clean for you and sharpened it up a bit. There looks to be a few years age difference between them.
Carol

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 15 April 19 14:56 BST (UK) »
Just a thought...Have you considered that your Grandad could be posing with his Sister and that he is not the Groom in the wedding photo, maybe he gave her away? The bride doesn't look to be the same lady as the lady in the family photo, the bride appears to have a cleft chin.
Carol

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 15 April 19 15:25 BST (UK) »
Sorry...posted on wrong thread  ::)

Carol