Author Topic: Eton cemeteries  (Read 206 times)

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Deb Clark Rennie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Eton cemeteries
« Reply #10 on: Friday 12 April 19 10:42 BST (UK) »
Yes I googled it and thought right must check that out if nothing else I can at least see that.

We’ve booked into a farm stay so I can’t wait to go see where some of the ancestors lived.

Blessings
Deb

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Griffiths Jnr c1914, HMS Achilles
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 12 April 19 11:49 BST (UK) »
Stoke Poges is a spread out village of much interest. Said to be the richest village in England. Your Fry's may be buried in St Giles Churchyard, famous for where Gray's Elegy was written. You have found them on the Census Returns, Wexham Street?

The Plough is a grade 2 listed building, probably 18th Century. My father and a neighbour visited it in the 1940's and early 1950's. I have a photograph of it then somewhere. Can't find it for the moment. I spent the first fifteen years of my life in Church Lane, Wexham. John Snagge (BBC) lived there in a grade 1 18th century house.   
Griffiths Llandogo, Mitcheltroy, Mon. and Whitchurch Here (Also Edwards),  18th C., Griffiths FoD 19th Century.

Offline Deb Clark Rennie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 12 April 19 12:15 BST (UK) »
Stoke Poges is a spread out village of much interest. Said to be the richest village in England. Your Fry's may be buried in St Giles Churchyard, famous for where Gray's Elegy was written. You have found them on the Census Returns, Wexham Street?

The Plough is a grade 2 listed building, probably 18th Century. My father and a neighbour visited it in the 1940's and early 1950's. I have a photograph of it then somewhere. Can't find it for the moment. I spent the first fifteen years of my life in Church Lane, Wexham. John Snagge (BBC) lived there in a grade 1 18th century house.   

Yes found them there for 1871 and 1881 Richard Fry was a carpenter his wife Elizabeth was born in Colnbrook and her uncle Henry’s daughter Nancy Elizabeth Stevens married an Edward Haynes who apparently started a school there at Bayliss House ... so will be wonderful to go and look around Stoke Poges.  Thank you for that extra information I shall go and look it up ... love learning about the areas history.

Blessings
Deb

Offline Deb Clark Rennie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 12 April 19 15:04 BST (UK) »
I’ve found one relative in St Giles pvt Alfred Gladstone Albrow ... his father was brother to Priscilla Albrow and she is my GG grandmother who married Richard Fry’s son William so will defiantly pay a visit.

Blessings
Deb