Author Topic: Henry Hector Donald McPherson  (Read 2256 times)

Offline higgsy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry Hector Donald McPherson
« on: Sunday 14 April 19 18:08 BST (UK) »
I am helping my sister in law research her family and was wondering if anyone had access to newspaper archives for the Great Yarmouth area.

Her uncle died on 20/05/1983  in Great Yarmouth and we believe he drowned. We were wondering if there had been any mention of this in the local paper.

Thanks Norma

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Hector Donald McPherson
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 April 19 19:10 BST (UK) »
He first married in Scotland in 1947 - are there any living children from that marriage who could help?

He re-married in 1975 but doubt there would be any children from that marriage as his wife was b 1909 and he was b 1926.    Did his second wife die the year before him?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline higgsy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 April 19 19:30 BST (UK) »
Carol

We think there was a child from his first marriage but my sister in law is not intouch. He married a second time in Scotland in 1959. We don't think there was any children from that marriage

We only found out about the 3rd marriage today. My sister in law recalls that it was the police that notified her mum of his death.

I only have essential membership of Ancestry and we were able to view the cremation briefly....it stated he was of no fixed abode....it won't let me view it again as it says I need the premium membership.

Norma

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 April 19 19:47 BST (UK) »
Hi

There is no further info on the cremation cert than you were able to view.  He wasn't cremated until 30th June and the coroner issued the certificate which may mean his death was not by natural causes as you suspect.

His 3rd wife Gladys Lilian Calvert was previously Milne and was born 16.5.1909 so was considerably older than Henry when they married.  She died Gt Yarmouth Sept qtr 1982

She married Frederick Calvert in 1933 and I think there were at least 2 children & possibly others to that marriage
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline higgsy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 14 April 19 19:57 BST (UK) »
Thank you Carole, I will pass on that info to my sister in law...we just wondered if his drowning had been reported in local news paper

Norma

Offline higgsy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 14 April 19 20:16 BST (UK) »
i would also be interested in his Merchant Navy record as we are unsure where he was born....we think Canada but unsure where and was wondering if these would show this

Norma

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 15 April 19 11:52 BST (UK) »
Do you have the names of his parents ? if not maybe best to order his first marriage certificate to see what names are mentioned ..And then you could try and trace his place of birth from there I see he was still in Aberdeen on the Electoral Register 1970
Henry H D Mcpherson
Eileen D McPherson
Address 136,Ruthrieston Circle Aberdeen

Rosie

Offline higgsy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 15 April 19 12:19 BST (UK) »
We know he was born in Canada (should have made that clear - sorry) but just not sure of where.

We have the passenger records of his parents going and returning with Henry

Norma