Author Topic: FreeBMD website on IPad  (Read 1469 times)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
FreeBMD website on IPad
« on: Monday 15 April 19 22:30 BST (UK) »
Hi all
Has anyone on here had an issue with FreeBMD not working on an iPad? I've tried tonight to search for a birth and got an incomplete web page as if the answers were hidden behind something . I checked it with a birth I know exists and still the same result. The site works fine on my phone.
It didn't come up with sorry no results, it just looked as if the answers were hidden. Very odd.
I've emailed the site to ask them, but just wondered if anyone on here had ever had an issue? It's normally fine on my iPad. Thanks.
North East of England

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: FreeBMD website
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 April 19 22:36 BST (UK) »
No, it is usually fine ,a bit slow sometimes when you want to put in what you are searching for eg a birth ,marriage or death.
Not everything has been transcribed yet but generally speaking it has been
really good.
Hope you get it sorted.
Viktoria.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 April 19 23:09 BST (UK) »
Yes - I had exactly the same problem on Saturday but it wasn't just on my iPad - it was on my desk top as well.  Seemed to sort itself out overnight and was working fine yesterday and today but a bit slower
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 April 19 23:12 BST (UK) »
I have found the results to be slower too on my computer....and on the iPad it timed out yesterday.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 April 19 09:58 BST (UK) »
Just to update you, freebmd got back in touch with me twice. First they said restart the iPad which I'd already tried twice and I'd cleared my cache. I told them this and also sent a screenshot of what result I was getting. Last night they emailed back again with a different url to try and I'm pleased to say that's working for me! They say they're still investigating. I'm so pleased they took my enquiry seriously and delighted I'm now up and running again, especially as its the long Easter weekend coming up.
North East of England