Author Topic: Yet again my Patricks'  (Read 331 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Yet again my Patricks'
« on: Thursday 18 April 19 14:34 BST (UK) »
Yet again I attempted to complete research on one member of the tree.. but to no avail.. there is Nothing anywhere ----regarding the death of William Raven Patrick.. he totally disappears after 1853........

I have his birth certificate and there are endless pages of research on here regarding my Patrick LINE.. John Raven and Frederick Raven and the precious little girl Rachel that died in the Gold fields of Australia...
So much information but TWO (maybe more) Totally inconclusive facts are what happened to William and his Mother Emma.

I KNOW she is NOT THE Emma died 1853 that is a child I have the cert.  But I also know that her husband marries again in 1864.. so she dies or runs off somewhere ...between having William and him Marrying SARAH

Why do I need to know..  I dont suppose it matters. now as DNA links have confirmed that the RAVENs are connected to me.. which must mean Catherine Raven (Johns Mother is my line)  so again that means FRED John and Sarahs son is my DIRECT line...

It is just so strange that he totally vanishes.

Now his sister Rachel was taken out to the Gold fields with her Grandparents.. and then bless her gets Typhoid and dies.. I find no further trace of her Grandparents .
I wondered if after Emma had William that she too went out to Australia.. with the baby  ..again found no trace.
absolutely nothing for either Emma and William or Ann and Thomas Taylor and family..

But I am lucky that the Work of Rootschatters helped me to find that little Rachel actually went out to Australia, would never have even thought it....

So....
Reluctantly its time to put these to bed.. no magic new information .. and this last week I have gone over everything I possibly can..

shame.. Sometimes it just now out there to find...
I suppose one scenario is that William was taken in by other family members in Leicester and his name changed... (if Emma died in childbirth ?) but surely her death would be there somewhere...  there is one death 1856-- that I am sure I had checked...  :-X :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\    ??? ::)

Not really expecting anyone to find anything - thank you all .. its just a way for me of shutting this down. :(  I may go back a couple more times.. to the brink of insanity .. ha ha ha we shall see.

xin

PLEASE dont worry about finding anything about JOHN RAVEN PATRICK   I have a thick full folder and all his attestation papers plus his straggler notes.. etc birth through to death (he sure lead a life that one )  thanks anyway.

Online coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
Re: Yet again my Patricks'
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 April 19 14:48 BST (UK) »
I see your William Raven Patrick was born in 1853, birth registered in the last quarter in Leicester, so you are saying there is no trace of him after his birth. I totally sympathise and understand how frustrating it is when you cannot tie up a loose end. It could well be that William was taken to Australia and died as a baby there, or he died on the voyage. Australian records did tend to vary a lot, and passenger lists were not very well kept. Seems Queensland civil reg begun in March 1856, so if William died by then, it will be very hard to trace his death I would think.
Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Re: Yet again my Patricks'
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 April 19 14:51 BST (UK) »
Yes that is him.. absolutely nothing found - and I have trawled... I imagined he changed his name to Frederick but the age difference is a little too great..

I get that about Australian records, which is why I am so pleased that Rachel was found.. she too could have been ... lost

Thanks for your interest.

xin