Author Topic: Transcriptions of recent birth, marriage and death certificates  (Read 1033 times)

Offline kentishkiwi

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Transcriptions of recent birth, marriage and death certificates
« on: Thursday 18 April 19 19:51 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone

Hope someone can assist with this query. I am looking for someone to transcribe recent birth, marriage and death certificates and email at a reasonable cost. The service I have used in the past is no longer available. Has anyone used this type of service and can recommend someone?

Many thanks
KK

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Transcriptions of recent birth, marriage and death certificates
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 April 19 19:54 BST (UK) »
Transcribing from which source and for what purpose?
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline kentishkiwi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 April 19 20:05 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I should have been a little clearer. I believe the transcriptions are from the statutory registers of birth, deaths and marriages which I believe are held in New Register House in Edinburgh. I have used this service in the past for my own family history.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 April 19 20:36 BST (UK) »
You can find transcriptions on Scotlandspeople.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline kentishkiwi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 April 19 21:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply. I have purchased digital images on Scotland's People many times but haven't found access to any transcriptions. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place. I will have to take a closer look at the website as I thought purchasing a certificate was the only way around the more recent deaths etc. Maybe you can point me in the right direction if you have time.
Many thanks
KK

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 18 April 19 21:05 BST (UK) »
By transcription I meant that the key information to find the record is transcribed into an index. If you want access to the full details then you have to use credits to buy the image.

Offline kentishkiwi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 18 April 19 21:11 BST (UK) »
Sorry I realise what you mean now. Yes that is what I usually do but for more recent certificates you can't buy the image and have to go down the route of buying the certificates. Having someone go and transcribe a few certificates saves a lot of money.
KK

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 18 April 19 21:34 BST (UK) »
You can find transcriptions on Scotlandspeople.
News to me.

As far as I know the only ways to get the information from post-cutoff birth, marriage and death certificates are (a) order a copy or (b) go to Register House (or one of the small number of archives that have a link to Scotland's People) and transcribe them.

Try ASGRA https://www.asgra.co.uk/ - they have members who will do transcriptions
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline kentishkiwi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 18 April 19 21:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much for the link.
Regards
KK