Author Topic: My Dad  (Read 2958 times)

Offline Sandysandy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: My Dad
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 25 April 19 11:48 BST (UK) »
Wow Carol... awesome,,, I see what you mean about the warmer ,,, I wouldnt have described it as warmer ,,but when u look at it it does look warmer hey,,, very well done ... lots of detail taken into account,,, I will be ATTEMPTING to learn and do this myself,,, so many pics I would love to bring to life of my ancestors ,, amazing how color can bring life to the old B/W hey...
thankyou ..........
Love Sandy
Baxter, Bingham, Wills, Fulleylove.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 25 April 19 11:59 BST (UK) »
My pleasure Sandy  :) I started by posting photos here to be restored and was fascinated by the results and bought PSE v. 5 and taught myself. It is not so much about the package you use but how you use it. It takes a lot of practice but once you learn the tools and what they do, you will gather experience. I started practising on my own photos then when I was confident enough, I began working on other people's photos and posting my work on here.
Whatever you do to the photo, there is always an undo button but do remember to save the results as a "Copy" that way you won't overwrite the original.
You can get second hand versions of "Photoshop Elements for Dummies" for all versions quite cheaply online line. I only used it to learn how to use the tools and I took it from there. Warning .... It is very addictive, your housework will suffer, and your laundry will pile up, but, you won't find a more satisfying hobby.
I now use PSE V. 14
Good Luck!

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Sandysandy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 25 April 19 12:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol.. it may take me a while to get right into it,,, BUT  ,, as far as being addictive ,,I am already there with Ancestry lol... I spend so much time searching ,,its like a drug hey,,, my family almost disown me at times .. ha ha ,,, I cannot understand why they are not as interested in our ancestors as what I am ... people are just weird like that ,,, ha ha ha ...  I went to visit one of my brothers the other day,, as soon as I walked into his house,,, he said " DONT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ANCESTORS " How bad is that ,, I had so much to tell him as well hey,,, ha ha ha
Love Sandy

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 25 April 19 15:10 BST (UK) »
Sandy, your reply to Carol made me laugh. I would probably be the same with my brother, but unfortunately he is not alive now. I keep thinking, Bill would be interested in that, especially when I found my mother was four months pregnant with him when she married my father. ;) ;)
I find this all so interesting I'm addictive too.
Please do try colouring, it's far better than the latest adult activity- colouring books!!
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Sandysandy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 25 April 19 22:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat ...
So I gather you never got to tell you bro he was a love child then... I have discovered sooooo many things with my ancestry .. I have 4 convict ancestors ...its all good,, here in OZ we love having convict ancestors LOL... we even have Aboriginal blood in our family,,, thats all good too ... I have a photo of my G.G.G. Grandmother ... its kinda all yellow but you can easily tell she was Aboriginal ,, she was so beautiful ,,, wished I could go back in time and hug her ,,, same with my G G G G Grandmother from England ,, she was buried a pauper ,, no headstone,, she must have struggled through life so hard,,, a washer women right up until she died aged 81 ,,, and if it wasnt for her I would not be here,,, its sad hey,
Love Sandy