Author Topic: George R Wall Stewart Photo Restoration Help Please.  (Read 377 times)

Offline musictrish

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George R Wall Stewart Photo Restoration Help Please.
« on: Monday 22 April 19 15:37 BST (UK) »
George R Wall Stewart BC abt. 1904 Outside his tent after arriving there after emigrating from England.
Really bad photo not sure if it is possible to work with.
Thanks

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
Re: George R Wall Stewart Photo Restoration Help Please.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 April 19 10:40 BST (UK) »
Sorry, musictrish, this one has got me beat. I can't seem to work out what is detail and what is damage, and when I zoom in to repair George's face there's just nothing there. :-\

Do you have any other pictures of the tent (or of a similar tent) and/or of George himself? If you have and you could post them here they would greatly help restorers to try to recover as much detail as possible and/or to reproduce (make up ;D) detail that is gone altogether.

Peter

Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 April 19 11:31 BST (UK) »
Sorry musictrish but someone has taken a photo of the pieces. The flash has wiped out even more of the detail which doesn't really give us a chance. You can see that where the flash has not been so
intensive, that a lot of detail is available for us to work with. Can you carefully place the pieces on
your scanner, set at 600 to 1200 and then we may have something we can get our teeth in. :D :D :D

Offline musictrish

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 April 19 16:22 BST (UK) »
I took a photo of the remains of the original years ago, just in case it became lost or received even more damage. It belonged to my mother who died 2 years ago, so not sure if it still exists. As I live abroad I will contact my brother see if he still has it. Thank you both ever so much for Your help.

Musictrish