Author Topic: Rainhill County Mental Hospital  (Read 618 times)

Offline longfordexchange

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rainhill County Mental Hospital
« on: Monday 22 April 19 18:54 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
I'm trying to locate information about someone who died here in 1972. I've been in touch with Liverpool Archives and they've found one reference to her, on a medical register detailing her admission in 1931, but aside from that, nothing. Does anyone have any experience with obtaining medical records of old Rainhill patients? If they aren't in Liverpool Archives have they been destroyed or is there a chance they might be archived elsewhere?
With Thanks

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Rainhill County Mental Hospital
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 April 19 22:26 BST (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 April 19 00:11 BST (UK) »
Would I be right in saying that a hospital in-patient would not be included on the 1939 Register. I have a very distant relative born in Ceylon, attending a Public School in England, killed while serving in the RAF who is on the 1939 Register as a boarder at the school. 

Offline longfordexchange

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 April 19 00:30 BST (UK) »
Would I be right in saying that a hospital in-patient would not be included on the 1939 Register. I have a very distant relative born in Ceylon, attending a Public School in England, killed while serving in the RAF who is on the 1939 Register as a boarder at the school.

Thanks for your reply. I found her on the 1939 Register at the institution. I think there was a special code to designate inmates/patients from staff.