Author Topic: Dixon marriage  (Read 1514 times)

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
Re: Dixon marriage
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 08 May 19 09:00 BST (UK) »
Hi breese
I went to the Hive yesterday for 4 hours to resume my thorough search for the marriage of Edward Dixon to Mary C1807 & further to the parishes I've already searched I searched Kidderminster (st Mary) 1813 to 1822, Dudley (st Thomas) 1806 to 1818, Ombersley 1803 to 1830, Claines 1806 to 1824
During my searching I've only found one marriage that even comes close to fitting the bill
     Kidderminster (st Mary) film 158/5
5SEP1821 (license) Page 284 No 851
Arthur Dixon (batch) = Mary Bowyer (spin) BOTP
With parents consent
Witnesses Jas Bowyer, Martha Dixon, Mary Morris, Thos Whitcomb
I have to call it a day now as I only have time for one more visit to the Hive this holiday so I must try to get some of my own work done then

All the very best

Phil

Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 09 May 19 08:24 BST (UK) »
Hi again Breese
I just noticed I misread the brides parish like a prat so will try to make up for my mistake by looking at the films for Bewdley in the hope that the marriage was there fingers crossed

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline breese73

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 16:40 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm so sorry I didn't get any notifications for your replys I've only just saw them I'm so so sorry I really appreciate you taking the time to help me kind regards Jayne xxx

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 09:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Jayne

I had a look at the Bewdley entries yesterday & for your future information entries for Bewdley before 1853 are on the films for Ribbesford but I was unable to locate the marriage there either so I had another look at one of the films for Hartlebury (Film 136/1) just to see what it gave for Edward's baptism entry see below
25OCT1787 Edward s/o Joseph/Mary Dixon was baptised

Also on the same film was his parents marriage in case you don't have it
Joseph Dixon = Mary (I can't read the surname)
No 239 12APR1785 I forgot to note down the witnesses sorry)
I checked the above marriage with the Marriage Index Volumes at the Hive & it is entered as Soutall but I feel certain that this should be Southall as that's a Hartlebury name so this marriage entry needs to be checked with the original registers but I honestly didn't have time to do this as I was very pushed for time & will be feturning to Somerset on Sunday so yesterday was my last visit to the Hive this holiday.

All the very best

Phil

Please excuse any spelling errors or omissions
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline breese73

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 10:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Phil you are brilliant I thank you very much for doing this for me I am at the moment doing a 6 gen family tree chart and I just want to get it accurate for future generations. Thank you again love Jayne x