Author Topic: an old photo of my Dad and Uncles  (Read 1812 times)

Online Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: an old photo of my Dad and Uncles
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 April 19 15:05 BST (UK) »
.....and one for fun!
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 25 April 19 15:21 BST (UK) »
Sandy,so pleased you liked the colour version it was fun to do. When you get your Gimp set up, why don't you have a go at colouring this photo, it's a lovely clear one to work on and you can use the cleaned and repaired version to get you going. As you have to work on all parts of a photo a bit at a time, you will notice all sorts of things you would never have noticed before, like the older boys bandage on his arm.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Sandysandy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 April 19 22:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol... Love your version ,,,its very bright hey,,, thankyou,,,

Hi Pat ...   I have quite a few photos picked out to color .. I have kept the clearer ones for me to have a go at ,,, except for one which I will put up soon, its very dear to me as it is my great great grandmother when she was a little girl about 5years old ,, and everyone tells me I look like her ,,, so she has to be special hey ,,, Ha Ha ,,
Loves heaps Sandy
Baxter, Bingham, Wills, Fulleylove.

Online Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 25 April 19 22:40 BST (UK) »
I can lower the contrast Sandy if you think it's too bright, but the boys looked rather dark which made the skin colour look unnatural.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Sandysandy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 25 April 19 22:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol...Nooo its fine just the way it is ,,, :) but if you can change the window sill from red to green that would be awesome ,, as Grandpa's house always had heritage green window frames ,,, Ha Ha,, Heritage green is a very popular color in Australia .. when settlers came out here I think thats the only color paint they had ,, ha ha ...
Love Sandy

Online Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 25 April 19 23:01 BST (UK) »
That's no problem, I missed the description in your post. I will change the colour of it tomorrow. I'm on the iPad at the moment.
Carol

Offline Sandysandy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 25 April 19 23:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol... thats cool... no hurry at all... I just put up another photo in a new thread,,, one of my GGGgrandmother .... Ill make it the last one ,,, I dont want to outdo my welcome .,,, ha ha ,,, and I will be starting practising colouring myself this weekend,,, Ill start with clothing ... :)
Love Sandy

Online Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 26 April 19 11:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandy...Here is the revised addition for you, hope it's okay.
Carol

Offline Sandysandy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 26 April 19 12:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol.. yes thats awesome ... thankyou heaps .. love it ,,,
Love Sandy