Author Topic: Problems with Ancestry DNA pages?  (Read 9165 times)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Ancestry DNA pages?
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 27 April 19 13:58 BST (UK) »
The words 'bitten off' and 'chew' spring to mind!  ::)

I still give them credit for trying to improve the DNA pages - but please sort it out, Ancestry.

ADDED- I shouldn't have said that - I've lost trees altogether now from the individual match's page. Can I still quit Beta and go back to the original set up - or is that now f---ed up as well?
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 27 April 19 14:55 BST (UK) »
I don't think you can revert  because the Ancestry Labs option doesn't seem to be working - not for me anyway.

I've been gradually getting more and more (politely) cross with each e-mail that I've replied to.

PS - I keep getting a suggestion to link a tree to my DNA - I've had one linked since last May  ::) ::) ::)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 27 April 19 17:22 BST (UK) »
I've had similar problems to almost everybody else, I hope they get it sorted soon.

One of the most useful things (for me) that they have introduced recently is the ability to filter for Common Ancestors. Whilst some of the suggestions are very fanciful indeed, quite a few seem to be valid and have helped greatly.

Now with the endless loop of the same 20 names repeated ad infinitum, this has become useless, I have already checked through those 20 matches.

Another thing I have noted, when looking at individual matches, I often get the same name, Thurston, given as a suggested common ancestor. At first I was quite excited - Thurston was my 5G grandfather, who had at least 2 children - my 4G grandmother Mary and her brother, John Thurston, a well known London billiard table maker.  Nothing known about their origins, possibly Norwich, Norfolk.

Clicking on Thurston to see the supposed common ancestor brings up a completely blank page. First I thought it was Ancestry playing up as usual, thought I'd go back and check when things quieten down a bit (wishful thinking?).

Now it is happening with so many, the same suggestion of Thurston, I have a long list of matches to check back on some day, somehow don't think that any of them will be valid.

>:( Just spent half an hour wording a message to a DNA match and it won't go through  >:(

I hope they get their act together asap!
M

Hadn't happened to me for a while now, but I always 'Copy' messages I try to send - I can always try again if it fails the first time.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 27 April 19 17:26 BST (UK) »
It seems to be working on my profile and shared profiles at the moment on Firefox, Chrome and (I've just popped up to my Mac) on Safari. Im scared to do much more in case it breaks again  :-X

Sunday 10.01 - probs have returned on all my usual browsers (have cleared the relevant 'tings' too)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 27 April 19 17:46 BST (UK) »

I've been having multiple problems with Ancestry:-(

I followed Support's suggestion to clear my cache and history on Chrome, - that made no difference whatsoever!

It was working on Firefox, but now the Messaging facility has packed up on that too!

So frustrating:-(((

Romilly
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline PrawnCocktail

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 27 April 19 18:05 BST (UK) »
Sugarfizzle, you've just described the issues I've been trying to work round all day.

So fed up!!
Website: http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~towcesterfamilies/genealogy/
Towcester - anything, any time
Cheshire - Lambert, Houghland, Birtwisle
Liverpool - Platt, Cunningham, Ditton
London - Notley, Elsom, Billett
Oxfordshire - Hitchcock, Smith, Leonard, Taunt
Durham - Hepburn, Eltringham
Berwickshire - Guthrie, Crawford
Somerset - Taylor (Bath)
Gloucestershire - Verrinder, Colborn
Dorset - Westlake

Offline Rufous Treecreeper

• RootsChat Senior
  • My lovely Granny 1909 to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 28 April 19 09:48 BST (UK) »
Yes, thankfully I had pasted what I'd written onto Word and saved it for when things are working again...  ::)

Also been experiencing a lot of the problems others have been describing on this thread too.

Least I don't feel alone...
Best (Sussex/Australia)
Brown (Kent/Australia)
Milbourne (Australia)
Orr (Renfrew/Fife/Australia)
Livingstone, Bryson, Hutton (Hamilton, Lanark)

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 28 April 19 09:58 BST (UK) »
They have completely given up on responding to posts on their facebook page, they must be inundated with complaints.  Every Easter it seems to get worse.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 28 April 19 13:53 BST (UK) »
The people appearing multiple times in the DNA match lists has now stopped, for me at least. Now I am having an additional problem, in that I cannot see any profiles, after I enabled the new BETA profile  :(. And, of course, because I cannot see it at all, I cannot even turn off the BETA now  ::).