Author Topic: Problems with Ancestry DNA pages?  (Read 9179 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Ancestry DNA pages?
« Reply #63 on: Monday 29 April 19 16:42 BST (UK) »
This is the profile page, which works in the same way:

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Monday 29 April 19 21:26 BST (UK) »
I didn't try to view profiles when I used your suggestion, Gadget. I've just tried and at least that seems to be working, which hasn't done for a good few days now. One problem solved at least by clearing those pesky cookies.

The duplication/triplication/quadruplication etc of names continues, and the scrolling through of the same 20 profiles of DNA matches with common ancestors continues.

We'll get there one day.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Janethepain

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Monday 29 April 19 22:26 BST (UK) »
I took your advice there Gadget, worked like a dream - wish I had read your post properly, earlier in the weekend!!
Allison - Rumford Stirlingshire & Ireland
Quinn - Rumford, Glasgow, Monklands & Tyrone
Convoy - Rumford, Monklands & Tyrone
Burke - Glasgow, Clifden Galway
Duffy - Cleland Lanarkshire, Monklands, Falkirk, Ireland
Curran - Cleland, Ireland
Reynolds - Cleland, Shettleston, Tollcross, Antrim
McDermott - Cleland, Shotts, (London)Derry

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Monday 29 April 19 22:37 BST (UK) »
Glad to have helped. It took me a while to work it out. I think it was possibly a rogue cookie.

Sorry that I can't help with Margaret's problem. I think that looks like an Ancestry mess up  :-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 13:23 BST (UK) »
Glad to have helped. It took me a while to work it out. I think it was possibly a rogue cookie.

Sorry that I can't help with Margaret's problem. I think that looks like an Ancestry mess up  :-\
Thanks Gadget, clearing cookies also worked on getting the profiles back  :). My people occuring 5x in the DNA match lists has also stopped. I still get some phantom 'you share a common ancestor of a 5x grandparent' which goes to a blank page if I click it though, but I don't get false leads from the common ancestor leafs anymore.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 14:19 BST (UK) »
Pleased  :)

I heard from Margaret that it's sorted some of her probs as well.

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 14:42 BST (UK) »
Miraculously, within the last 10 minutes or so, things seem to have rectified themselves for me as well - and I did very little to change them so assume it must all have been at the Ancestry end.

Having said that, I have no confidence that, next time I log on, it won't have all gone pear shaped again!

I have now made a mental note: next time Ancestry try out a Beta system, stay clear until all the faults have been ironed out and it becomes the standard system.

A word from them -- as in the old fashioned 'Do not adjust your sets'  - might have been nice.  >:(
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 14:49 BST (UK) »
Not sure it was them, Jill, as the cookie removal cleared it for me on Sat/Sunday.  I'm still convinced that it was (a) rogue cookie(s).

Did you clear the cookies before closing down yesterday? If so, it would have been sorted next time you logged on.

Offline Rufous Treecreeper

• RootsChat Senior
  • My lovely Granny 1909 to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 14:52 BST (UK) »
I want to say thank you too  :). I cleared cookies and was able to send the DNA match the message.
Wonderful place Rootschat  :D
Marlene
Best (Sussex/Australia)
Brown (Kent/Australia)
Milbourne (Australia)
Orr (Renfrew/Fife/Australia)
Livingstone, Bryson, Hutton (Hamilton, Lanark)