Author Topic: Family History Research - Information  (Read 1004 times)

Offline chrisrob200

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Family History Research - Information
« on: Thursday 25 April 19 02:19 BST (UK) »
Good Morning

I have been researching my family history for a number of years and have used traditional paper methods coupled with DNA research. My more recent family is from Co. Durham, Gateshead in particular and on the male side we go back to Dumfries, Caithness and Sweden. On the female side we go back to Lancashire and then Sweden but the information on this side is far more sketchy than the male side - mainly due to change of name by marriage in each generation.

Over time I have amassed quite a lot of information which may be helpful to others doing research or perhaps volunteers of this site who may do research for others (like me).

I am more than happy to share copies of what I have however I don't know who to share it with. I kniw what I have is historically valuable information and it would be a shame for no-one else to see it.

Any ideas?

On a similar note you will see that I have made a number of information requests over time on this site and have been able to help the odd person too. I cannot thank the people who provide research information to people like me enough. It is a wonderful service.

Regards

Chris

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Family History Research - Information
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 April 19 23:33 BST (UK) »
Post your tree on a website that will make it available to other researchers, e.g., Ancestry or MyHeritage.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 April 19 00:56 BST (UK) »
WikiTree might interest you.
Are you a member of any family history societies? They have surname interest sections and some have a forum or Facebook page for exchange of information. They also publish journals and welcome articles so if you think there is a particular aspect of your research which you think may be of interest to FH society members, consider writing an article. Swedish origins for example.
Some FH researchers set up a web-page or blog about their research.
Cowban

Offline chrisrob200

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 23:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your suggestions.

I have my tree/s on Ancestry, My Heritage, Wikitree etc however I had not thought about a surname posting on Wikitree.

A while ago I wrote to FH history societies in Northumberland, Co.Durham and Sweden but received no response from any of them. I might try again.

Regards

Chris

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 01 May 19 00:06 BST (UK) »
You could also donate a copy of your research to the Society of Genealogists.  I believe they welcome such donations.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.