Author Topic: Newcastle Upon Tyne All Saints Church  (Read 3801 times)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Newcastle Upon Tyne All Saints Church
« Reply #9 on: Friday 26 April 19 09:04 BST (UK) »
The Bishop Transcript images have been available for years, although I've never been able to easily locate them from going through the site itself- I have to type it into Google! Worth bookmarking it, there's a lot of Northumberland BTs viewable, although not complete records.

Does this direct link work - it's the one I use. http://www.rootschat.com/links/01npk/
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 April 19 09:44 BST (UK) »

The unfortunate part about the BTs is when you scroll through pages and pages and pages until you go cross eyed and forget who you were looking for  ;D

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 26 April 19 10:14 BST (UK) »

The unfortunate part about the BTs is when you scroll through pages and pages and pages until you go cross eyed and forget who you were looking for  ;D

As most of my FH research was done browsing films and not by instant hits online as available now I know what you mean  ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mhairi28

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 26 April 19 16:02 BST (UK) »
Harriet married Thomas Bulman at All Saints in 1867. I have just sent for the marriage record so it will be interesting to see if a father is named. She may have thought her grandparents were her parents.The family were in the All Saints area for some time and her mother Margaret appears to have married twice after Harriet's birth.
It looks like Thomas Bulman may have also been illegitimate so I may not get far with this branch of my husband's tree!

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 26 April 19 16:14 BST (UK) »

Scrolling does have its advantages though.  How else would I have found the insert in the front of a parish register to tell me that one of my ancestors had been excommunicated?  Or the fact that an earthquake was "sensibly felt" in Tamworth at the end of the 18th century?

Sorry nothing to do with Newcastle  :-X
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 26 April 19 17:45 BST (UK) »
FindMyPast are continually adding to their BT indexing. They have just added another batch in the past couple of weeks. Saves a lot of browsing.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline danieloftyne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 26 April 19 18:17 BST (UK) »
Have you tried the bastardy bonds I think they are in the archives in Blandford street unmarried mothers sometimes made claims from the father's you could try them  :)
Walton, Jones, Parker, Tipping,Nicholson, morrow,young,arrowsmith,Elliott, Anderson, ring rose, scrimshaw,hogarth,stewart

Offline Mhairi28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 26 April 19 18:52 BST (UK) »
Re: Bastardy bonds
Thank you for the suggestion. Are these available to view on line?

Offline danieloftyne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 26 April 19 19:02 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure my uncle once looked at them but he had to go to the archives you could email them they are usually really helpful just type in tw archives
Walton, Jones, Parker, Tipping,Nicholson, morrow,young,arrowsmith,Elliott, Anderson, ring rose, scrimshaw,hogarth,stewart