Author Topic: RND Service Record, George Greener, Tyneside, Z/537  (Read 129 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
RND Service Record, George Greener, Tyneside, Z/537
« on: Friday 26 April 19 09:34 BST (UK) »
I have this man's RND service record which, as it is typed, has been (for me) a lot easier to read than the hand written Army ones I have seen.

If anyone has the time, I like some help with the following entry please:

6.2.19 Form D/145 recd. Passed to MOP. Surveyed at Haslar 30.1.19. Lameness
(Amputation of leg) Shrapnel wound Right Leg. Amputation. Attributable
to Service. Recommended for discharge. Degree of Disability 70%.

Other than the mastery of understatement regarding the nature of his disability which required the explanation given in brackets  . .

Does 'Form D/145 recd. Passed to MOP'  refer to an award of a pension and could MOP be Ministry of Pensions?

supplementary question :

I know that Army pensions records may be found on Fold 3, can anyone advise it there is a separate pension records holding anywhere for the RND and, if so, where and are they available to access?

Thanks

Boo

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline John(txic)

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: RND Service Record, George Greener, Tyneside, Z/537
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 May 19 16:54 BST (UK) »
Haslar was the Royal Navy's own hospital - from Napoleonic times, or even earlier - and is located in Portsmouth Harbour.

Closed only recently, I believe.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: RND Service Record, George Greener, Tyneside, Z/537
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 May 19 17:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you, I'd managed to find the info about Haslar but its useful to have it confirmed :-)

Boo