Author Topic: Jane Roberts of Llanelidan  (Read 925 times)

Offline hilarykellis

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jane Roberts of Llanelidan
« on: Friday 26 April 19 15:35 BST (UK) »
Hello, I’m stuck on my ancestor Jane Roberts. On FindMyPast, I found her Banns with William Edwards on 1 June 1807. William was of the parish of Llangollen and I’ve been able to trace his line a good distance. But Jane says she is of this parish (Llanelidan). And I know little about her. Witnesses to Banns were Margaret Davies and David Wynne. The couple then went to live in Trevor Uchaf in Llangollen.

Jane says she is age 50 and born in Denbighshire in the 1841 Llangollen census. She then dies between 1841-1851 (need to find the burial record). Jane and William had 10 children, last being born in 1831, all born in Llangollen. Their names in order: Mary, William, Ann, Eliza, Edward, Richard, Sarah, Harriet, another Edward and another Ann.

Any help finding Jane’s baptism and/or family would be very much appreciated. Only my father’s paternal line (Ellis) is Welsh so I am not as familiar as their records as I should be!

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Roberts of Llanelidan
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 April 19 18:38 BST (UK) »
As the Edwards' were living in Trevor Uchaf  near Llangollen it is highly likely that her death would have been recorded in the Registration District of Corwen.This points to a very likely Death recorded in the Jan Quarter of 1846.Vol 27 Page 107.This makes this  Burial recorded on March 14th very interesting.https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KCP1-4LQ

Don't be put off by it saying Pontfadog Denbighshire as this was an error by Find My Past when entering the records.It should state of course Llangollen

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk