Author Topic: Marriage applications for Richmond County, Georgia?  (Read 185 times)

Offline katjaeb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Marriage applications for Richmond County, Georgia?
« on: Saturday 27 April 19 01:32 BST (UK) »
Is anyone aware of the location of marriage applications for Richmond County, Georgia, ca. 1890?

The licenses and certificates are online at Ancestry (etc.) and I've already found the one I need, but am wondering if there was a separate application filled out previously which might have more biographical information.

Possible locations? Should I just contact the Richmond County court?
Bodenhorn, Trout, Winter, Traser, Kramer, Lewis, Krauter, Cooper, Hale, Upchurch, Kleinschmidt, Main, Davis, Young, Fleischmann.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Genealiza

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage applications for Richmond County, Georgia?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 May 19 12:51 BST (UK) »
Maybe this will stir up some interest in your query--

https://georgiagenealogy.org/georgia_marriage_licenses

The only extensive marriage application I've found is that of NYC.  Most I've run across only list the bride and groom who declare that they are free to marry and that they are old enough to marry.
Atkinson, Wearing/Warton Lanc, :Hayhurst,Kendall/Kirkby Lonsdale West,Barrow-in-Furness Lanc

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline katjaeb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage applications for Richmond County, Georgia?
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 May 19 20:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for that context. I appreciate it! Sounds like there's unlikely to be an application for the 1890s, then.

I'll be bookmarking that page.
Bodenhorn, Trout, Winter, Traser, Kramer, Lewis, Krauter, Cooper, Hale, Upchurch, Kleinschmidt, Main, Davis, Young, Fleischmann.