Author Topic: Uniform Identification  (Read 108 times)

Offline rdwags79

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Uniform Identification
« on: Saturday 27 April 19 04:40 BST (UK) »
I know this is not a very good picture but am trying to identify this uniform.  Any chance this one could go back to the the Franco Prussian War?  My great grandfather served and the was a picture of him...just trying to decide if this is it.
Thanks in advance--
Deb

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline MaecW

• RootsChat Senior
  • Yma o hyd
    • View Profile
Re: Uniform Identification
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 April 19 05:35 BST (UK) »
I'm no expert but I'd say the period is World War One and the uniform probably U.S. Army. The white scarf or stock rings a bell but, at a quick search, I can't find an example.
You may have better luck.
Baron (of Blackburn), Chadwick (Oswaldtwistle), Watkins (Swansea), Jones (x3 Swansea), Colton (Shropshire), Knight (Shropshire/Montgomery) , Bullen (Norfolk), White (Dorset)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.