Author Topic: Ann Roughly 1891  (Read 1691 times)

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A whole lot of yam-yam, a little bit Irish n Welsh
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Roughly 1891
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 April 19 21:52 BST (UK) »
Yes, nothing else makes much sense though does it  :o

I am puzzled about Florence White who is 11 in 1901.  Can't find a marriage for Annie to Mr White either, very confusing  :-\

It is isn't it!!
Plimmer,Lees,Ward,Ellis,Childs,Lowbridge,Newbury,Bird,Miles,Collins,Hees,Jones,Dodd-Wolverhampton. Marsh-Dudley. Miles,Harris,Stroud -Drinkwater-Gloucester. Prosser,Carter,Kirby,Dundon-Abergavenny. Hees,Muller-Germany. Goodman - London. Primmer - Ashby de la zouch.

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 May 19 22:58 BST (UK) »
Just in case anyone's interested I think I've cracked it - bear with me...

Couldn't fine Annie Roughley's birth in 1872 (the daughter). Knew she had a "White" daughter born in 1890 and by 1901 she was married to a Hickman. Freebmd showed that she married the Hikman as Annie White so I guessed she had been married prior to this. But couldn't find her White daughter (Florence) birth neither. And nor did I know her first husbands name.
Found a daughter on GRO born a White with a Roughley mothers maiden name. Then I found the same daughter on Wolverhampton indexes burial records site - she was the daughter of SAMUEL. (So now I had Annie's first husbands name - so now I could look for her marriage to him).
The only marriage that fit was Samuel White and Annie BRIGHT. Was she married before him or was her name really Annie Bright.
I then looked for her first daughters birth again and VOILA! Florence BRIGHT (no mothers maiden name)....perfect fit!
So I looked for an Annie Bright born Wolverhampton in 1872 and found her born to John and Mary Bright, living in the same small row of houses as her "mother" in the following censuses Annie Roughley and found her parents both dying whilst she was small.
Now I know none of this is concrete evidence and also that nothing is properly prooven without birth certificates etc but I THINK that Annie Roughly b.1872 was "adopted" by Ann Roughley when her parents died and brought up as her daughter.
This is probably of no interest to anyone else lol but I was chuffed for myself and wanted to share....again I know its not 100% proven but it seems like a match.
Lisa  :)
Plimmer,Lees,Ward,Ellis,Childs,Lowbridge,Newbury,Bird,Miles,Collins,Hees,Jones,Dodd-Wolverhampton. Marsh-Dudley. Miles,Harris,Stroud -Drinkwater-Gloucester. Prosser,Carter,Kirby,Dundon-Abergavenny. Hees,Muller-Germany. Goodman - London. Primmer - Ashby de la zouch.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 12 May 19 11:18 BST (UK) »
You clever girl Lisa  :)
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 12 May 19 11:58 BST (UK) »

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 12 May 19 13:45 BST (UK) »
Well done :)
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 12 May 19 14:19 BST (UK) »
Well done :)
Lol thanks, I might be completely wrong but it all seemed to fit!

Offline ChrissieL

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Ben and John Hardman meeting up in Cairo
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 12 May 19 14:38 BST (UK) »
Well done Lisa. A good bit of detective work. I still can't see the family in 1891. Did you have any luck with that?

Chris
Staffordshire: Lawton Probyn Horrobin
Durham: Bamlett Hardman Winship Robinson
Suffolk: Leggett

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 12 May 19 19:10 BST (UK) »
Thank u  :) No not yet...I have a rough idea of where they were living though so I was going to wait until another free ancestry weekend and do a street search, like go from house to house. I think they were in lawyers fields which was a lane off Stafford street in Wolverhampton, now incorporated into the ring road (like a lot of places  ::))

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 25 May 19 11:05 BST (UK) »
So I signed up to a deal thing on ancestry and scrolled through the WHOLE of the st Mary’s district of Wolverhampton (where the family resides from the 1830s until it was demolished in the 1950s) and still no Ann or daughter Annie in 1891  :(
I started off looking in the actual streets they lived but ended doing the whole census walk and nothing!
I also - I don’t know if this is relevant - can’t find her one sister (newly married with previous children) in 1891.
I’m at a loss now.