Author Topic: Wright Family in Barwell Leicestershire Query  (Read 604 times)

Offline alfietcs

• RootsChat Extra
  • The Gari Boys ( and girls! )
    • View Profile
Wright Family in Barwell Leicestershire Query
« on: Monday 29 April 19 09:35 BST (UK) »
Hi  :)

I was wondering if it was possible that my Wright Family from Barwell in Leicestershire had any Romany links. I am looking into the family of John Wright born in Wolvey abt 1778 and Elizabeth Moulds born in Barwell in 1782. The family were settled in Barwell by the 1800's and John Wright was a Market Gardener. Elizabeth's parents were Thomas Moulds and Elizabeth Short. Thomas Moulds parents were Thomas Moulds and Elizabeth Smith.

The reason I ask is that amongst the very traditional first names is one name very much associated with Romany families.
They are ( in order of birth) - William, Frederick, Elizabeth, Aaron, Shadrack, Mary Ann, George, Thomas and Maria.

My ggggg grandfather was Aaron Wright born 1807 in Barwell. He married Rhoda Robinson born about 1810 but I haven't been able to find out where she was from.

If anyone could shed any light on this family or if Barwell was a place where Romanies or travellers stayed I would be really grateful.

Many thanks

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Wright Family in Barwell Leicestershire Query
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 April 19 10:25 BST (UK) »
Just to rule out this baptism for a Rhoda Robinson, it states posthumus.
23 Feb 1812 at Burton Overy - parents George & Alice
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alfietcs

• RootsChat Extra
  • The Gari Boys ( and girls! )
    • View Profile
Re: Wright Family in Barwell Leicestershire Query
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 April 19 12:41 BST (UK) »
Just to rule out this baptism for a Rhoda Robinson, it states posthumus.
23 Feb 1812 at Burton Overy - parents George & Alice

Hi:)
Thank you so much for checking that out for me, it's very kind of you.

The only other Rhoda I found that could be a contender was baptised the same time as her sisters in 1813 when she was three. Her sister Mariah was 8, Martha was 6 and Rhoda was 3 at the time. This was in Wollaston Northamptonshire. The parents were John and Elizabeth Robinson.
I have no idea if this is my Rhoda.

Thanks again:)