Author Topic: Quin Family Manchester what year was the photo from?  (Read 1353 times)

Offline RayMilBax

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Quin Family Manchester what year was the photo from?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 15:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your advice and positioning of people that’s really appreciated.
The guy in the middle of the back row is a son for certain as he is confirmed by my relative as he was their Grandfather.
The dating of around 1910 helps confirm (as they were unsure also) that her Grandmother is not present on the picture as they didn’t marry until 1923.
The only other confirmed younger relation is the guy 2nd in on the back row left to right who was a cousin of the other children who lived with them in 1911 which also fits the dating of the picture.
There was 1 other son who I’m sure is in the picture but I’m not sure if he is on the back row 1st left or 1st right.
Based on what’s just been advised and how you have read the picture he could be back row on the right
Rayson - Bedworth pre 1850 and Manchester post 1850
Mills - Ireland pre 1850 and Manchester post 1850
Baxendale - Wigan pre 1850 and Manchester post 1850
Tallis - Bedworth pre and post 1850
England - Manchester pre and post 1850
Townsend - Halifax pre and post 1850

Offline RayMilBax

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 01 May 19 10:28 BST (UK) »
Is anybody else able to offer any suggestions on who might be who in the picture?
Am I seeing also a ring on the finger of the woman pictured front row on the left and that would indicate that she’s the married one and from previous posts it would be her husband directly behind her?

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 May 19 15:00 BST (UK) »
I haven't read all the comments but, I'm thinking that the couple 2nd and 3rd from the right as you look at the photo could be Husband and Wife..the man looks like the older lady's son.
I thought you might like a cleaned up sepia type copy.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline RayMilBax

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 May 19 19:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the sepia restored photo, I really appreciate it.
The Guy 3rd at the back from right to left didn't marry until 1923 around 13/14 years after I've been advised this photo was taken so the woman next to him can't be his wife.  She looks like him personally and he was the son of the old woman so that makes sense and agrees with your deductions.
The only 100% confirmed people on the picture are Tom Quin who we have just spoke about, his parents (the old couple) and 2nd on the back row left to right was a cousin of the family.
The parents had 3 girls and another boy which I'm sure is the guy either back left or back right.  The other guy would have been married to one of the girls by the time the photo was taken.  Just so annoying as to who is who  ??? :-\