Author Topic: Glasgow. Barnhill Poorhouse records  (Read 6263 times)

Offline Diana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Glasgow. Barnhill Poorhouse records
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 16 June 21 15:43 BST (UK) »
Hi  Sancti,

The address on his marriage cert looks like

75 Whitevale Street Glasgow district  of Camlachie

John was 23 Charlotte was 19 both at the same address.(he was a widower)
Thanks for helping me
Di
Fulkes/Fulks/Fulke. Yates, Ashton,Gamage, Jefkins,Lowen, Pooley,Colcock, Bellchambers, all London, Surrey, Sussex Middlesex
Jones, Reece, Granger, Treherne, Worrall Ward, Weeks, Morrey,Thomas, Owen, Dorsett, Hinton all started out in Shropshire

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 16 June 21 16:04 BST (UK) »
Try starting a new topic with the information you have. It is getting lost in here and a new thread will attract more posters

Offline Diana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 16 June 21 16:08 BST (UK) »
Than you so much for your help
Di
Fulkes/Fulks/Fulke. Yates, Ashton,Gamage, Jefkins,Lowen, Pooley,Colcock, Bellchambers, all London, Surrey, Sussex Middlesex
Jones, Reece, Granger, Treherne, Worrall Ward, Weeks, Morrey,Thomas, Owen, Dorsett, Hinton all started out in Shropshire

Offline Genie24

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 31 January 22 09:14 GMT (UK) »
I am appealing to anyone planning on visiting the Mitchell Library in Glasgow. I am looking for information for Margaret McLean nee Dunning who died on the 14th June 1915 at Barnhill Poorhouse, Glasgow. She was the daughter of my great x 4 grandfather's brother. This surname is widely mis transcribed and her father is recorded as John Dinning on her death certificate. It records her residence lodging which is unfortunately illegible apart from number 20.  A possibility is Moncur Street as suggested by Rosie17. I clicked on the Mitchell Library  link from Monica in a previous post which takes you to the lodgers lists of addresses and it is certainly there. I am assuming that she was taken into the poorhouse after the death of her husband Hugh McLean who was a Pawnbroker but recorded as a Hawker on her death certificate. The assistant governor was the informant so no family member that may have provided some clues.
Anderson/Andersson, Imison, Lang, Humble, Mallinder, Brett, Ridley, Ferries, Hall