Author Topic: St Aubyn Burke family from Cork, Ireland  (Read 4852 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: St Aubyn Burke family from Cork, Ireland
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 04 May 19 02:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks Maiden Stone for sharing that explanation to help with sorting that possibility out.... 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 04 May 19 23:27 BST (UK) »
The posts quoted in reply 34 were on a thread about a marriage in 1912 which was 4 years after Catholic canon law on marriage was standardised worldwide by the 'Ne Temere' decree. There is a similar discussion about a marriage in 1914.
Cowban

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 05 May 19 15:22 BST (UK) »
Are there any other printouts in NZ that might be useful in finding further information about Eileen?

The births certs for any of her children should give her age and birthplace and are probably important to see as both are unclear.

Debra  :)

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 07 May 19 00:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information on "Ne Temere" @Maiden Stone, really unfortunate that wasn't in place for their marriage.

@majm Thanks for pointing me to the thread, very interesting read  ;D

Are there any other printouts in NZ that might be useful in finding further information about Eileen?

The births certs for any of her children should give her age and birthplace and are probably important to see as both are unclear.

Debra  :)

I got two of her children's birth printouts (she has 3 children). The father was the informant for both and only lists "Ireland" as her birthplace  :(

Eileen's death printout: https://i.imgur.com/QDH4x3R.png

Bernard Percival Murray's birth printout: https://i.imgur.com/MpI1DY3.png

Henry St. Aubyn Murray's birth printout: https://i.imgur.com/GtMUsaJ.png

Kind of frustrating the father was the informant. All other birth records I've ordered (from England) the mother was always the informant. Perhaps if she filled them out, she may have given more details.

The informant for Eileen's death was the undertaker. So, I suppose that makes the information less reliable than if it were a close family member?
Battista
Lawson

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 07 May 19 06:15 BST (UK) »
Thank you those documents. The undertaker, as informant for the death record for Eileen Gertrude, died 1926, would be the conduit, the medium, recording information passed on by a family member.

At column 10, against age for Eileen, I see..."went to Sydney.........". This has been added after the initial information. Can you make out what it might be?  It must have been regarded as worthy of inclusion.
Why would anything be written there, additional to the age, and presumably relevant to that information?.

Birth of first child Henry....six months after the birth?

The name Eileen is not seen commonly seen until late in the 19th century, and popular in the early 20th century. Has Eileen named herself?

Husband Henry might be brief with details about birthplace of wife, Eileen, but Henry, and wife Eileen, know the importance to her of the St Aubyn name.

And Eileen does not pass on the BURKE name to her children?

What is Henry MURRAY doing in Sydney, 1884?. It might help in locating Eileen in Sydney at that time.