Author Topic: Family Tree Maker 2017  (Read 5698 times)

Offline Drayke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Family Tree Maker 2017
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 25 May 19 14:15 BST (UK) »
The problem is, with the new 2019 update, and possibly future ones, how long will the 2017 version be supported?

Malky
This is what concerns me as well, though my live chat session today with them they said there is a patch coming to FTM2017 just after FTM2019 is released with bug fixes.

I'm more annoyed that a feature (FamilySearch Historical Record hints) advertised on their website as "coming soon" for over 2 years is now going to be only it seems in the 2019 version of which you have to upgrade to get.

Offline sstain

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 25 May 19 15:26 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have FTM 2017. I have purchased previously as an upgrade from 2014. I didn't get Family search hints to start with but at some point they just started to appear alongside Ancestry hints. Beware though because most of the hints are just submitted by their members.

Sheila

Offline Drayke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 25 May 19 17:59 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have FTM 2017. I have purchased previously as an upgrade from 2014. I didn't get Family search hints to start with but at some point they just started to appear alongside Ancestry hints. Beware though because most of the hints are just submitted by their members.

Sheila
Hello Sheila, yes they released an update that only shows hints from FamilySearch's user submitted tree's which as we all know many are unreliable. The items that were promised and now in the 2019 version are record hints. For example parish records, census' etc. of which aren't currently and possibly will never be part if the 2017 version FamilySearch hint system.

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 30 September 19 03:37 BST (UK) »
I am confused. I pre-ordered the 2019 version months ago (15 May 2019) at the price of £29:95. I now get an e-mail asking for £49:95. What happened to the £29:95 version?

Malky

Offline barkbythorpe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 30 September 19 07:22 BST (UK) »
I reckon that was an introduction to the fact that at long last the update is ready for release. The 2019 update link for us prepaid lot should be with us shortly...……..Hopefully