Author Topic: Lunatic Asylum Admisions  (Read 698 times)

Offline Marytm

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lunatic Asylum Admisions
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 04 May 19 19:44 BST (UK) »

Thanks   bbart,

That is great that is the missing first page with the admission details. Thank you so much for sorting this out.

Mary M

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 04 May 19 19:48 BST (UK) »
Happy to help!
You must have the same kind of bad luck I have in finding ancestors; the missing page, or ink-blobbed/torn/burnt census page, ... that will always be the page I need!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 04 May 19 20:44 BST (UK) »
Oh 'very' well done! That is a super find and nicely precedes the pages in the other link that start in October 1889.

I love it when a puzzle is solved!

(though I would contact whoever created the database and let them know, in my experience they too want things to be right)

Boo

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 05 May 19 06:13 BST (UK) »
Oh 'very' well done! That is a super find and nicely precedes the pages in the other link that start in October 1889.

I love it when a puzzle is solved!

It was a good team effort!  Lubylou supplied the link, Marytm believed the dates were right, and you drew the attention to the fact the pages were mismatched!

It (almost) has energized me enough to go hunting for my GGG grandpa's records.  Silly man went to High Mass, and for some reason, tried to raise an army there for some unknown reason and got chucked in an asylum for his efforts!

Offline Marytm

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 05 May 19 11:14 BST (UK) »

Bbart,

That sounds like an exciting hunt.

MaryM