Author Topic: Absalom Beaney  (Read 2053 times)

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Absalom Beaney
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 May 19 14:22 BST (UK) »
Have you found Absalom on the 1939 register?
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nelwild

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • great grandmother Emma Jane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 May 19 15:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all the replies.

I haven't found the 1920 Absalom on the 1939,but I think ive found his parents.His mmn was Newing,and there are three other Beaney births mmn Newing:

Emanuel William 1909 Milton

Fanny May 1916 Milton

Belcher 1924 Milton

On the 1939 theres an Absalom born 25/11/1885,but mistranscribed as Abraham,with Florence E b1887,Manuel and Belcher.I think Manuel married Mina Hilden in Dartford in 1940(Emmanuel Beaney).Florence Newing is on the 1901 as Newin b1888 Milton.

Im thinking theres a good chance that this is Absaloms family.It all fits geographically.I would need to get the marriage cert to confirm it,but I think this is the most likely one.

Offline shaun

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 16 May 19 10:53 BST (UK) »
I have an Absolom Beeney/Beaney in my tree b. 1904 in Northiam, Sussex who was the brother of my great grandfather John Beeney.

I haven't looked into detail with him yet, but will let you know if I find any crossover with the names you have mentioned.

ALso the Beeney/Beaney family is a well known travelling family, so might be worth posting the same question on the travelling families forum too.

thanks

Shaun